ServiceMesh Releases Enterprise-Ready DevOps Solution
DevOps Accelerator enables large enterprises to capitalize on the business advantages of DevOps.
Note: ESJ’s editors carefully choose vendor-issued press releases about new or upgraded products and services. We have edited and/or condensed this release to highlight key features but make no claims as to the accuracy of the vendor's statements.
ServiceMesh, an enterprise-grade cloud management platform provider, today released its DevOps Accelerator solution that allows Global 2000 customers to accelerate the pace and frequency of their software releases, enabling business application owners to respond to new opportunities at the speed of market change.
The ServiceMesh DevOps Accelerator solution helps align software development and IT operations teams with a practical and effective starting point to implement DevOps within the enterprise, helping IT remove software release bottlenecks and improve efficiency across the software development life cycle.
DevOps Accelerator includes enterprise-grade capabilities that span self-service, on-demand access to IT resources and environments, consistent governance and security enforcement, automation of manual processes, and improved quality of software released into production.
“Today’s agile companies have demonstrated the ability to develop and deploy critical software releases into production on the same day. There’s no reason why large enterprises accustomed to 6- to 12-month software release cycles should not embrace their own DevOps initiatives so they can more rapidly innovate and improve their competitive position,” said Frank Martinez, chief strategy officer at ServiceMesh.
DevOps is a term used to describe a set of principles, methods, and enabling technologies to address the goal of rapidly releasing high-quality software from development to production. ServiceMesh’s DevOps Accelerator solution includes enterprise software based on the ServiceMesh Agility Platform, along with training and professional services that enable enterprise customers to deliver new software features more rapidly, and deploy software more consistently and reliably into production. Key benefits of the solution include:
- Increase the speed and frequency of software releases
- Fully govern and enforce common application platforms across the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Automate workflows across existing SDLC tool chains
- Lower operating costs by leveraging a broad range of private and/or public clouds and enable application portability across different cloud
DevOps Accelerator includes a “Common Application Platform” (CAP) model that allows enterprises to embed IT operations’ best practices around the governance and configuration of the underlying infrastructure, platform, and deployment environment that development and test teams need to be productive. By implementing these best practices for governance and configuration from the outset in a production-like “container” for code, the CAP ensures that development efforts are aligned to actual production deployment environments, and minimizes configuration related defects, delivering rapid and higher quality releases to meet business requirements.
For development teams, DevOps Accelerator will:
- Deliver high fidelity production-like environments that are available self-service and on-demand directly from their current development tools
- Eliminate the need to configure application stacks before they can focus on coding
For IT Operations, DevOps Accelerator will:
- Create standardized, multi-tier enterprise application stacks, even with extremely complex topologies
- Embed standard operating environment (SOE) agents and utilities
- Govern and define security zone requirements and operational service-level agreements (SLAs), including those which vary across different roles or teams across the SDLC
More information is available at www.servicemesh.com.