AtMail 6.0 Combines Webmail Advantages with Enterprise E-mail Requirements
Dynamic interface lowers costs, simplified management, improves productivity for e-mail users
Note: ESJ’s editors carefully choose vendor-issued press releases about new or upgraded products and services. We have edited and/or condensed this release to highlight key features but make no claims as to the accuracy of the vendor's statements.
AtMail, a Linux-based e-mail management appliances and software provider, has released AtMail 6.0. The re-tooled e-mail system combines the benefits of highly advanced Webmail with the control and security of in-house e-mail. AtMail 6.0 eliminates the need for costly “boxed” e-mail licenses, saves time and headaches associated with traditional desktop e-mail management, and provides a dynamic, single e-mail interface for use internally or remotely via the Web.
AtMail 6.0 is designed for organizations that are looking for new, smarter, and more efficient e-mail systems that cost less, are easier to manage, and promote improved productivity and collaboration through dynamic features such as integrated e-mail thread visibility and Web-based administration. It combines the growing benefits of cloud-based computing with the security and control many organizations require when it comes to e-mail. AtMail 6.0 is a low-cost alternative to Microsoft Exchange and a more secure and robust offering than pure Webmail systems such as Google’s Gmail.
“We’ve spent the past year working with our global customers to develop a Web-based platform that will redefine how e-mail is deployed, managed and used within organizations of all types and sizes,” said Ben Duncan, founder and CEO at AtMail. “E-mail is the lifeblood of how organizations communicate, and AtMail 6.0 takes aim at leveraging the benefits inherent in both on-premise and Web 2.0 e-mail systems for end-users and IT managers alike.”
AtMail 6.0 extends its ability to deploy Web-based e-mail and archival solutions to small and medium sized businesses, government and education institutions. Now organizations of all sizes can easily design and customize an enterprise-grade Webmail and server solutions to manage e-mail and collaboration processes that meet unique demands and changing business conditions.
The new AtMail 6.0 features:
- Improved user experience:
- End-users now have a single interface for all e-mail needs
- Conversation view of e-mail messages, new thread support and direct reply capabilities reduces wasted time digging through old e-mail and constant refreshing
- Flexible three-pane e-mail interface provides a “one-shot” view of messages, threads, and supporting data
- Improved, embedded HTML editing streamlines e-mail composition
- Integrated address and calendaring includes Vcard support, photo thumbnails, contact groups, and live search
Improved performance and management:
- Built with AJAX for quick development of advanced features resulting in increased ease for users
- Integrated Web-based e-mail management for remote install, upgrade, and maintenance
- New Zend PHP framework, plug-in support, and API using REST to manage user accounts and provisioning
- Complete Webadmin system for simplified mail-server maintenance, user control panel for remote add/delete of accounts, enhanced multi-server functionality
- SQL or LDAP authentication support
- Sub-administration capabilities for greater flexibility and selected delegation of specific domain management
For pricing information about AtMail 6.0, visit http://atmail6.com/.