Accellion Introduces Enterprise Secure Collaboration Solution
Secure information sharing that meets compliance standards.
Note: ESJ’s editors carefully choose vendor-issued press releases about new or upgraded products and services. We have edited and/or condensed this release to highlight key features but make no claims as to the accuracy of the vendor's statements.
Accellion is expanding beyond enterprise secure file transfer to enable enterprise secure collaboration by introducing Accellion Secure Collaboration and Accellion Mobile Apps. Accellion now helps business users quickly and easily create secure workspaces for internal and external project teams to collaborate and share files. Users can securely access workspaces and files from almost any device including desktops, laptops, mobile devices, and smartphones while corporations and government agencies can protect their enterprise data and demonstrate compliance with HIPAA, SOX, and FDA.
Accellion Secure Collaboration builds on the company’s Enterprise Managed File Transfer solution and is architected specifically for secure enterprise deployments spanning virtual and public, private, and hybrid cloud environments.
Corporations and government agencies are becoming increasingly aware of their need to protect shared confidential information. At the same time, free Dropbox-type solutions traditionally geared towards consumers are being downloaded by employees for business use. Those applications make it extremely challenging for enterprise IT security teams to protect an organization from a data breach.
Accellion Secure Collaboration expands on Accellion Managed File Transfer with the introduction of the Accellion Secure Workspace, a new collaboration tool. Accellion Secure Workspaces allow people to search, review, set expiration dates, comment on files, track file versioning, and subscribe to automated notifications of workspace activity.
Accellion Secure Collaboration benefits include:
- Flexible, scalable deployment: Accellion offers the widest breadth of deployment options, enabling enterprises to balance cost, security, and speed of deployment for a single office or multiple distributed offices. Accellion supports deployment in VMware, Citrix XenServer, and Microsoft HyperV virtual environments, a choice of public, private, or hybrid cloud deployments, and FIPS 140-2 certified deployments.
- Easy sharing: Enterprise users can share project files, images, presentations, spreadsheets, financial documents, product specifications, and any file or folder up to 100Gb in size securely with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Mobile access: Users can view, comment on, and share files via a laptop, smartphone, or Web-enabled device from native mobile applications developed by Accellion for the iPhone, iPad, Android, and BlackBerry.
- Enhances current IT investments: Integration with Microsoft SharePoint, OCS, and other business applications helps enterprises maximize their existing technology investments.
- Compliance: Demonstrates compliance with industry and government regulations including SOX, HIPAA, and FDA.
More information on Accellion Secure Collaboration can be found at www.accellion.com.