RingCube’s vDesk v4.0 Eases VDI Rollouts, Maximizes Desktop Virtualization Benefits
vDesk v4.0 delivers low-cost personalization of virtualized desktops.
Note: ESJ’s editors carefully choose vendor-issued press releases about new or upgraded products and services. We have edited and/or condensed this release to highlight key features but make no claims as to the accuracy of the vendor's statements.
RingCube Technologies has releasedvDesk v 4.0, a new enterprise desktop virtualization solution that expands an organization’s VDI user base, enables faster and more efficient VDI rollouts, reduces VDI infrastructure costs, and increases VDI’s return on investment.
One of VDI’s most persistent challenges is the inability to scale across an organization to its various types of employees. Most organizations choose to implement pooled VDI deployments to keep storage and infrastructure costs low, forgoing the ability to personalize users’ desktops and negatively affecting user acceptance and adoption.
With RingCube, VDI is no longer restricted to certain workers; employees who require highly personalized desktops can now be included in VDI implementations. RingCube’s vDesk is a complementary offering to VMware View and Citrix XenDesktop that offers highly personalized user desktops without adding management overhead. It also supports virtualizing the entire desktop, including department-level and user-installed applications.
By broadening the VDI rollout to a larger percentage of employees, organizations lower the overall cost of their VDI projects and improve user productivity, which results in a higher return on investment. With vDesk v4.0, organizations can now realize the promised productivity and cost-saving benefits from their VMware View and Citrix XenDesktop investments.
RingCube’s new vDesk v4.0:
- Maximizes an organization’s VDI user base by expanding VDI rollouts beyond task workers to employees that require customized desktops, including knowledge and mobile workers. The program virtualizes a user’s complete desktop environment, including applications, data, profile and settings; and also supports department and user-installed applications.
- Helps organizations roll out VDI faster and more efficiently; it minimizes setup requirements and leverages IT staffs’ existing Windows management expertise with no steep learning curve.
- Simplifies IT management of VDI with easy setup and configuration; solution can be up and running in minutes with minimal training requirements for IT staff and no management console to learn or support.
- Reduces VDI infrastructure costs by utilizing pooled VDI model for lower storage costs while offering 100 percent persistent personalization; unlike other virtualization technologies, it works seamlessly with VMware View and Citrix XenDesktop by supporting their image management capabilities and preserving their ability to reduce storage costs.
- Lowers VDI’s cost per user, thus increasing ROI; VDI project’s cost per user are reduced because a larger percentage of employees can utilize VDI.
vDesk for VMware View and Citrix XenDesktop is generally available now, with pricing starting at $95 per user. More information is available at www.ringcube.com.