SolarWinds’ New User Device Tracker Provides Comprehensive Switch Port Mapping
New standalone product provides switch port tracking, historical data, watch list alerts.
Note: ESJ’s editors carefully choose vendor-issued press releases about new or upgraded products and services. We have edited and/or condensed this release to highlight key features but make no claims as to the accuracy of the vendor's statements.
SolarWinds Inc., a provider of IT management software, has released its latest network management solution, SolarWinds User Device Tracker (UDT). Available as a standalone product or combined with other SolarWinds products, SolarWinds UDT helps network engineers and IT pros identify the current and past location of a network device.
With just an IP address, host name, or MAC address, SolarWinds UDT locates a device and retrieves the switch name, port, port description, and VLAN, among other information. Users can set up a notification alert to be triggered when a specific device connects to the network, allowing IT to respond immediately to network threats and events.
"UDT delivers the device-tracking and forensic history of an expensive switch port-tracking appliance at a much lower price," said Sanjay Castelino, SolarWinds' VP product marketing and product management.
The product analyzes switch capacity, helping IT staff reclaim ports that are not being used and balances utilization among switches. This feature saves money because it allows IT to avoid costly and unnecessary switch purchases.
SolarWinds User Device Tracker can:
- Locate network devices, including confirmed rogue devices; it can search using an IP address, host name, or MAC address and will confirm current location, location history of currently connected and unconnected devices, or add to watch list to be notified when device connects to network in the future
- Display individual ports per switch
- Discover switches operating near full capacity
- Schedule automatic network discovery and device watch lists
- Monitor new switches on your network immediately
- Notify users when Be notified the moment a specific device connects to the network, allowing you to respond immediately to network threats and events
SolarWinds User Device Tracker is available now and pricing starts at $1,795, with the first year of maintenance included. For more information, or a free 30-day evaluation copy, visit www.solarwinds.com.