Webroot Improves Endpoint Security with SecureAnywhere Business
Offers fast, light, easy-to-manage protection.
Note: ESJ’s editors carefully choose vendor-issued press releases about new or upgraded products and services. We have edited and/or condensed this release to highlight key features but make no claims as to the accuracy of the vendor's statements.
Webroot, an Internet security-as-a-service provider has introduced Webroot SecureAnywhere Business - Endpoint Protection. This new cloud-based protection takes the misery out of security by delivering a fast, light, easy-to-manage endpoint protection solution.
Webroot uses the power of the cloud to provide protection, manageability, and performance.
Protection: Webroot delivers relief and cost savings for IT by protecting against new threats. At its core is the anti-malware technology of the Webroot SecureAnywhere Consumer portfolio.
Webroot SecureAnywhere - Endpoint Protection delivers the full spectrum of security, including detection of all types of known malware and advanced persistent threats; identity and privacy protection; firewall; and system cleanup. IT administrators no longer need spend time and resources managing these functions separately.
Webroot SecureAnywhere does not require security updates or signature database downloads which consume network bandwidth and leave users exposed. Webroot analyzes every file that tries to run on a computer in the cloud. When a new threat is identified, every Webroot customer is protected within seconds.
Unlike traditional security solutions that can leave behind damaged files or traces of malware after an infection, Webroot SecureAnywhere - Endpoint Protection includes a rollback feature that restores the system to its previous safe state. This can eliminate the need for reimaging every infected computer.
If a computer is offline, Webroot monitors the system and if malicious activity is observed, it will automatically take action against it and then clean up the damage it may have caused.
Manageability: With Webroot SecureAnywhere - Endpoint Protection, IT administrators can manage every aspect of their endpoint protection through a single Web-based console that enables administrators to monitor security status, remediate infected machines, and initiate scans remotely. The tool also significantly simplifies setting Web and application usage policies at individual, group or companywide levels.
Performance: Webroot SecureAnywhere - Endpoint Protection can be installed in under 6 seconds and uses 12MB of memory during initial scan. The system scan, which searches the system for rootkits and complex threats, takes less than 2 minutes on average.
Scans run virtually invisibly in the background so employees can continue to use their computers without disruption. IT administrators no longer need to deal with users who turn scans off to avoid them. Administrators at organizations that have implemented Webroot SecureAnywhere - Endpoint Protection report their users immediately noticed a significant difference in productivity.
Key security features include:
- Behavior-based threat analysis eliminates the need for signatures, minimizes the window of vulnerability
- Webroot Intelligence Network is a cloud-based infrastructure that delivers a faster response to new threats than ever before; once a threat is detected, every endpoint on the network is protected
- Offline protection includes protection for machines when they’re offline, whether inside or outside the corporate firewall
- Journaling and roll-back proactively monitors any change made to an endpoint by a malicious file and rolls the system back to the safe state, eliminating the need for re-imaging machines
- Cloud-based firewall augments the Microsoft Windows firewall; it protects against “phone home” attacks and ensures only policy-approved applications communicate with the network
- An identity and privacy shield hardens the OS and browser to prevent loss of intellectual property through hijacks, keyloggers, and screen scrapers
Key management features include:
- Centralized endpoint management console is ideal for dispersed organizations; administrators can remotely execute commands such as scanning, killing un-trusted processes, rebooting, or running a script, on any endpoint
- Centralized policy control allows IT to remotely set application and Web usage policies at the individual, group, or company level
- System cleaner gives IT an alternative to reimaging as a first response
- A remote deployment tool easily installs the product across every endpoint on the network
- Won’t conflict with other security solutions; there is no need to uninstall existing security products to trial or deploy it; the solution be used standalone or as a second layer of protection
For more product information, visit www.webroot.com.