CA Technologies Accelerates Time-to-Value for DB2 for z/OS Upgrades
Reduces costs and optimizes system resource utilization and IT staff in upgrades to new versions of DB2 for z/OS.
Note: ESJ’s editors carefully choose vendor-issued press releases about new or upgraded products and services. We have edited and/or condensed this release to highlight key features but make no claims as to the accuracy of the vendor's statements.
CA Technologies has released updates to its CA Database Management Solutions for DB2 for z/OS and CA Mainframe Chorus role-based workspace to help customers realize rapid time-to-value as they upgrade to the latest release of the widely installed IBM DB2 for z/OS.
With end-of-support dates set for earlier versions of DB2 for z/OS, customers need an efficient, reliable, and cost-effective means to move critical business applications to DB2 10 for z/OS. CA Technologies’ solutions automate and streamline upgrade processes, helping to save time, improve application availability, and increase system efficiency and staff productivity.
“We estimate that over 75 percent of DB2 customers will need to upgrade to DB2 10 for z/OS in the next 18 months,” said Dayton Semerjian, general manager, mainframe, at CA Technologies. “CA Technologies can help get them to the new version faster and more reliably, so they can gain greater return on their investment.”
Available today, the new releases of CA Technologies Database Management Solutions for DB2 for z/OS and CA Mainframe Chorus help customers:
- Reduce costs and optimize utilization of system resources and IT staff by enabling easier and faster upgrade to new versions of DB2 for z/OS
- Save time, improve availability, and increase productivity by automating and streamlining manual changes and administration processes
- Get instant access to industry expertise through knowledge capture and collaboration capabilities provided via CA Mainframe Chorus integration of CA’s DB2 management capabilities
- Drive ROI in less time through the Mainframe Software Rationalization Program
- Increase their organization’s capacity for growth by leveraging CA Mainframe Chorus as a platform for ongoing business innovation
CA Technologies also has enhanced CA Mainframe Chorus for Security and Compliance Management. The new features help customers use the database, improve accuracy when issuing commands, and create audit trails of accomplished tasks. In addition, the company has enhanced CA Mainframe Chorus for Storage Management designed to increase productivity, improve availability, and better secure storage infrastructures and business information from unauthorized access.
More information is available at www.ca.com/us/mainframe.aspx