Cenzic Updates Enhance Web Security for Cloud Computing, Web 2.0, Scalability
ClickToSecure and Hailstorm Enterprise ARC enhancements support industry standards, integration with IBM ClearQuest, Imperva Firewall
Note: ESJ’s editors carefully choose vendor-issued press releases about new or upgraded products and services. We have edited and/or condensed this release to highlight key features but make no claims as to the accuracy of this vendor's statements.
Cenzic, a Web application vulnerability-assessment and risk-management solutions provider, has released version 6.0 of its cloud-computing infrastructure and its on-premise software offerings. Continuing to provide automated ongoing security assessment of custom and commercial Web applications throughout the software development lifecycle (SDLC), ClickToSecure 6.0 and Cenzic Hailstorm Enterprise ARC 6.0 enhancements focus on integration, support of industry standards, optimized assessment executions, and improved Web crawling technology.
With the current state of the economy and cyber attacks at an all-time high, many organizations are struggling to protect their Web infrastructure. In particular, organizations lacking specialized IT security staff and resources are turning to cloud-based applications such as Cenzic ClickToSecure to reduce costs.
Cenzic Click-to-Secure Hailstorm Enterprise ARC and Hailstorm Professional 6.0 now include:
- More self-service capabilities for SaaS customers
- Significant enhancements to vulnerability findings in Web 2.0 technologies such as Ajax and Flash
- Real-time monitoring of application assessments with actionable results
- Integration with Imperva’s SecureSphere Web Application Firewall allowing for the export of assessment results
- User interface and dashboard improvements for ease of use and manageability
- Full support for CVE and CWE IDs maintained by MITRE
- Increased scalability with parallel processing to allow for running multiple assessments
- Improved spidering features to improve performance and eliminate redundancies
- Integration with IBM Rational ClearQuest
John Weinschenk, president and CEO of Cenzic, notes that “To accommodate the growing adoption of e-commerce and shrinking of IT budgets, we provide offerings that scale from securing a few applications all the way up to large enterprises with thousands of applications, all with the need to protect sensitive customer information and comply with the latest industry regulations.”
New security threats appear at alarming rates and Cenzic stays ahead of the curve via its research lab. The lab, traditionally focused on evaluating new security vulnerabilities and feeding custom attacks into the SmartAttack Library, now provides reporting and vulnerability correlations with U.S. government’s CVE and CWE standards.
More information is available at www.cenzic.com.