IOCELL Networks Introduces Gigabyte External Network Storage Enclosure with Triple Interface
Hard drive enclosure supports Ethernet, USB 2.0, and eSATA
Note: ESJ’s editors carefully choose vendor-issued press releases about new or upgraded products and services. We have edited and/or condensed this release to highlight key features but make no claims as to the accuracy of the vendor's statements.
IOCELL Networks today announced the availability of its latest external hard drive enclosure, the NetDISK 351UNE. This external Ethernet/USB2.0/eSATA combination hard drive enclosure can be used as a single PC storage device via the USB or eSATA interface. More importantly, this drive is embedded with revolutionary NDAS technology, providing a direct network connection without the requirement of IP configuration or expensive servers.
The NetDISK 351UNE enclosure includes NDAS technology and a gigabit Ethernet interface and offers instant network storage for everyone on the network and is compatible with wireless access routers. Equipped with multi-disk configurations, the NetDISK 351UNE can connect multiple drives on the network and can aggregate from two to eight drives into one spanned unit.
The 351UNE features the following:
- Direct connection to the drive using an Ethernet cable
- Gigabit Ethernet connection, 60 MB per second on average of transferring speed
- Allows users to easily share storage on a network as a local disk
- Limitless storage, letting users add drives, save and store everything
- File protection with the enclosed sync and backup software
- Easy Setup for USB or eSATA plug and play
- Easy installation without the need to configure an IP address
- Compatible with wireless access routers
- Hack-proof because no IP is used
Utilized as either a single system drive or network storage drive, the 351UNE has a unique hardware ID and access key, which permits users to specify which computers on the network have read and write access, read-only access, or no access to a NetDISK.
The 351UNE requires no TCP/IP setting, allowing the unit to be invisible and safe from external hackers.
The 351UNE is currently available at Fry’s Electronics, JandR Computer, Newegg.com, Amazon.com, Buy.com and DandH distributing with an MSRP of $69.99. More information can be found at www.IOCELLNetworks.com.