Embarcadero Expands Flexibility for Data Modelers with ER/Studio Enterprise 8.5
Latest release adds UML and enhanced collaboration and reporting capabilities
Note: ESJ’s editors carefully choose vendor-issued press releases about new or upgraded products and services. We have edited and/or condensed this release to highlight key features but make no claims as to the accuracy of the vendor's statements.
Embarcadero Technologies, a provider of multi-platform database tools and developer software, today releasedER/Studio Enterprise 8.5. The newest version of Embarcadero’s data modeling tool combines process modeling, data modeling, application modeling, and reporting into a design and modeling solution.
These enhancements data architects streamline the model review process between developers and business users and automate the communication of data lineage between systems. The newest version also enables data architects to centralize process and data models and to document software architecture. The culmination of these advancements enable information and data architects to easily understand, design, and communicate software, data, and enterprise architecture across the organization for improved traceability, collaboration, and data reuse.
Michael Swindell, senior vice president of marketing and products, Embarcadero Technologies, noted that “Architects need tools that are trusted to deliver results when time is at stake. Data management teams simply can’t afford downtime or loss of productivity using inferior and unreliable tools. ER/Studio 8.5 delivers new features and technologies that expand its enterprise architecture and UML capabilities, automate model reviews, and data modeler feedback, and improve team and enterprise collaboration and communication.”
Additional features now available in ER/Studio Enterprise 8.5 include:
- Integration of ER/Studio Business Architect with the ER/Studio Repository and ER/Studio Portal to understand and design process, conceptual, physical, and logical models in a collaborative, integrated and secure environment
- New workflow communication facilities with Web 2.0 technologies like bi-directional commenting between ER/Studio Data Architect and ER/Studio Portal to assist and streamline communication and model review with non-modelers
- Object labeling within the ER/Studio Portal to categorize and tag related content
- New UML modeling features for business and software modeling
- Update DBMS features for the latest editions of Oracle, SQL Server, DB2 LUW, InterBase, and Teradata
- Powerful and sophisticated reporting options enable users to create and share models and metadata in HTML, RTF, GIF, PNG, and JPEG formats
Embarcadero’s ER/Studio Enterprise 8.5 Modeling Suite
Embarcadero’s suite of modeling tools provides an environment for analyzing, designing, creating, and maintaining business process models, conceptual models, logical models, and physical models to meet the rigorous demands of data architects, developers, and DBAs. Embarcadero’s modeling suite includes tools for data modeling and database design (ER/Studio), a server-side model repository for collaborative modeling and security (ER/Studio Repository), a metadata search and reporting (ER/Studio Portal), business process and conceptual modeling (ER/Studio Business Architect), and a brand new tool for application modeling with UML (ER/Studio Software Architect)
Availability and Pricing
ER/Studio Enterprise 8.5 is available immediately and includes ER/Studio Data Architect, ER/Studio Business Architect, ER/Studio Software Architect, ER/Studio Repository, and ER/Studio Portal supporting both single-platform and multi-platform packages. Pricing in North America begins at $1,900 USD for single-platform and $5,100 USD for multi-platform. More information is available at www.embarcadero.com/product/er-studio.