Syncplicity Launches Integrated Business Service
Syncplicity Business Edition helps enterprises centrally administer, secure, manage data access; includes sync, backup, collaboration, file management
Note: ESJ’s editors carefully choose vendor-issued press releases about new or upgraded products and services. We have edited and/or condensed this release to highlight key features but make no claims as to the accuracy of the vendor's statements.
Syncplicity today launched Syncplicity Business Edition, providing centralized file management, automated backup, synchronization, sharing, and collaboration in an integrated solution. With its new offering, Syncplicity answers user demands for anywhere access to data, easy sharing, and instant synchronization across multiple computers and mobile devices while meeting critical business requirements for inexpensive, secure, and scalable central file management and easy, policy-driven user administration.
Syncplicity Business Edition seamlessly integrates desktop files and applications with the cloud, eliminating the problem of multiple islands of data. Web applications such as Google Apps can now directly work with the Microsoft Office documents already on the desktop.
Today’s always-on workforce has migrated from a single desktop to multiple computers and mobile devices as the new norm. As a result, data is migrating from the desktop to the cloud. Users need anywhere access to their data, want to revise or share files effortlessly, expect to collaborate instantly with colleagues, and require automatic data backup so they can be assured that their files are always protected.
“Businesses want an integrated solution specifically designed to offer scalable and robust sync, backup, collaboration, and file management in one easy-to-use package. They also require the ability to centrally administer, secure, and manage access to the company’s data,” said Syncplicity’s CEO Leonard Chung. “Centralized, sophisticated and easy to implement user management, with permissions, reporting and military-grade encryption across teams and the company are enormously important to the business market.”
Core features of Syncplicity’s new service include:
- Anywhere Access: Allows users access to files from any mobile device as well as Web applications, anytime from anywhere, no matter where the files were first saved. Updated files will be instantly available on every computer and device used.
- Real-Time Backup and Instant Restore: SyncStorage provides versioned, real-time backup and instantaneous restore in case files are lost or corrupted.
- Central File Management: Provides management, control, auditing, policy, reporting, sharing, and backups inside and outside of the firewall. Businesses can apply comprehensive policy administration over the flow of data content, access to data and data retention -- both inside and outside the corporate firewall -- while securely protecting corporate data.
- No Limits: Pooled SyncStorage lets businesses scale their solution without limitations on files, file sizes, total storage, per user storage, number of users, or number of computers.
- Centralized Collaboration: Provides policy-controlled, instant synchronization with full file versioning and revision history, audit trails, and permissions.
- Cloud and Web Application Integration: Integrates Microsoft and other desktop applications with Google Apps data, as well as other web applications. Syncplicity also offers a public API that allows third parties to tightly integrate with existing solutions, Web applications, or new clients.
- User Administration and Data Help Desk: Enables administrators to configure and support user accounts from a central console.
Interested parties can test out a free 30-day trial of Syncplicity’s Business Edition at www.syncplicity.com/signup/BusinessTrial/. A free version of Syncplicity’s Personal Edition is available at www.syncplicity.com/products/Personal/.
Pricing, Availability and Support
The program is available immediately. Base price for the Syncplicity Business Edition is $45 per month for 3 users and 50 GB of storage, or up to 60 GB with an annual subscription. Customers may add an unlimited number of users and unlimited amount of storage. Syncplicity provides a variety of customer support designed to fit every stage of an individual or businesses’ needs, from telephone support with guaranteed response times to free community-driven support.
More information is available at www.syncplicity.com