2X Unites Application and Desktop Virtualization With Thin Client Management
2X VirtualDesktopServer Version 8 makes remote virtual application and desktop delivery to thin clients and PCs seamless
Note: ESJ’s editors carefully choose vendor-issued press releases about new or upgraded products and services. We have edited and/or condensed this release to highlight key features but make no claims as to the accuracy of the vendor's statements.
2X Software has released Version 8 of its 2X ApplicationServer and 2X VirtualDesktopServer products. Version 8 includes the ability to publish applications and virtual desktops and allows the management of user thin-client configurations from within the application console, creating an all-in-one application for remote publishing and device management. The new release will further reduce IT administration hassles by allowing centralized control of both device groups and published resources.
According to Nikolaos Makris, CEO of 2X Software, Version 8 of the 2X VirtualDesktopServer and 2X ApplicationServer allows administrators to deploy and manage VDI sessions and thin clients using a single management source. "We’ve also included additional features, such as Universal Scanning, and continue to focus upon building reliable, innovative, and cost-effective solutions serving businesses of all sizes."
About the 2X VirtualDesktopServer
2X VirtualDesktopServer v. 8 publishes any Windows application or virtual desktop to remote devices, including thin clients and Windows, Mac, and Linux PCs, without the need to install applications or desktops to local machines. The 2X VirtualDesktopServer also serves as a connection broker for the Microsoft Hyper-V, VMware ESX, Parallels Containers, and Windows Terminal Server virtualization platforms, offering significant administration and support savings.
The 2X VirtualDesktopServer is designed to be cost-effective immediately, with a pricing structure based upon the number of agents (servers) installed rather than the number of concurrent users, creating a favorable combination of pricing and features for businesses of all sizes.
New features for this version include:
- Managing Client Settings: Administrators can control user settings directly from the management console
- Zero-Management Thin Clients: Includes all components necessary to convert any device to a thin client
- Management of 2X SecureClientGateways: Allows administrators to remotely install and manage multiple 2X SecureClientGateways
- Windows CE Clients: Ensures that Windows CE clients will have the same functionality as standard XP and Vista clients
- Scanner (TWAIN) Redirection: TWAIN redirection, similar to the 2X universal printing feature, allows all devices using TWAIN technology to use hardware connected to client devices, including scanners and digital cameras
The tool is easy to set up and manage and includes simple, step-by-step wizards. For end users, it’s quick and easy to use, with a clear, easily-navigable Windows-style client.
Pricing starts at $1,190 (900 EUR) for the 2X VirtualDesktopServer Small Business Edition, managing a single terminal server without user or connection limitations.
More product information and a free trial version of the product are available at www.2x.com/virtualdesktop.