Composite Software Updates Data Virtualization Platform
Composite Discovery quickly finds data, data relationships, automating steps traditionally done by hand
Note: ESJ’s editors carefully choose vendor-issued press releases about new or upgraded products and services. We have edited and/or condensed this release to highlight key features but make no claims as to the accuracy of the vendor's statements.
Composite Software, Inc. has updated its Composite Information Server Data Virtualization Platform to address the escalating demand by global enterprises with complex and disparate information systems for more agile, cost-effective data integration solutions. Composite’s platform is a comprehensive data virtualization offering, with capabilities from upfront data discovery and modeling to ongoing operations monitoring.
Global enterprises are increasingly adopting data virtualization to overcome complex data integration challenges, including data that is difficult to identify and understand, data that isn’t always in the required form, data that resides in multiple locations and information sources or silos, data that needs to be combined across silos with other data to provide complete insight, and delivering real-time data without impacting source system performance. Scaling from project to enterprise, Composite’s data virtualization platform enables global enterprises to develop and implement data federation, data warehouse extension, enterprise data sharing, real-time and cloud computing data integration.
Composite Software’s newest release features:
- Composite Discovery 2.0: Second-generation enterprise data entity and relationship discovery tool used for preparing data models and performing intelligent queries that is now tightly integrated with Composite Information Server
- Composite Application Data Services for Oracle Essbase: New intelligent adapter that allows SQL developers to simplify access to this popular MDX source data
- Composite Monitor: New management console with user-friendly GUIs for monitoring activities across the Composite Data Virtualization Platform environments
- Composite Information Server: Adds support of NTLM and Novell E-directory security authentication enhancements and a number of new optimization algorithms
Now offered as a software option that is fully integrated with Composite Information Server, Composite Discovery 2.0 features faster algorithms to automate the business-critical steps of finding and understanding source data, thus accelerating the data modeling step of data virtualization.
With the addition of Composite Application Data Services for Oracle Essbase, the Composite Information Server platform now accesses a wide variety of data source types, including:
- Relational databases
- Web services
- Multi-dimensional sources
- Packaged applications
Composite Information Server Data Virtualization Platform's pricing is based on required processing power and size of deployment. To download a data sheet or product screen shot, go to http://www.compositesw.com/index.php/products.