NEC Delivers Enterprise-Class Deduplication and Resiliency to Midrange, Remote Offices
New NEC HYDRAstor HS3-210 offers SMB and remote storage with a single solution
Note: ESJ’s editors carefully choose vendor-issued press releases about new or upgraded products and services. We have edited and/or condensed this release to highlight key features but make no claims as to the accuracy of the vendor's statements.
NEC Corporation of America has released HYDRAstor HS3-210, the latest addition to its HYDRAstor product line, designed to backup and archive data for small- to mid-sized business (SMB) and remote or branch offices.
The new HYDRAstor HS3-210 shares a common code base with the larger HS8-2000 grid-based solution so that customers with SMB and remote data center needs receive enterprise-class features, including:
- DataRedux deduplicates and compresses data inline within incoming data streams with linear performance scalability
- Distributed Resilient Data (DRD) provides customizable resiliency levels for different applications and file systems
- Snapshot provides instant file system copy capability for primary storage applications and extended data protection policies
- RepliGrid (optional): allows for multiple independent grid and single-node systems to share information with one another via WAN-optimized asynchronous replication
- HYDRAlock (Optional) ensures the authenticity of critical data while maintaining the chain of custody for regulated business environments
- Optimized Copy (optional) automates WAN-optimized copy services for Symantec NetBackup through OpenStorage (OST)
More information about NEC can be found at www.necam.com/HYDRAstor.