Ciphertex Launches 5TB Portable USB 3.0 AES 256 Hardware-Encrypted RAID Tower
CX-Ranger/E allows for transporting of five terabytes of encrypted data.
Note: ESJ’s editors carefully choose vendor-issued press releases about new or upgraded products and services. We have edited and/or condensed this release to highlight key features but make no claims as to the accuracy of the vendor's statements.
Ciphertex Data Security recently introduced the CX-Ranger/E, a portable encrypted RAID system with AES 256-bit hardware-based encryption and up to 5 terabytes of storage capacity.
The CX-Ranger/E combines a mobile security form factor in a RAID system that features e-SATA and USB 3.0 interface for data transfer and five Hot-Swappable 2.5"Drives.
Weighing in at eight pounds, the CX-Ranger/E is a compact 5 TB RAID system and features a built-in carrying handle for transport. The CX-RANGER/E is compatible with any OS that supports SATA devices.
Additional features of the CX Ranger include:
- Easy to Install and Upgrade: Provides a simple way to install and upgrade storage capacity
- Simplified Maintenance: Smart design reduces ongoing IT labor costs
- Intuitive User Interface: Graphical, menu driven interface ensures easy data management
- Backup Solution: CX-Ranger/E is bundled with NovaBACKUP data protection software, delivering a comprehensive backup solution for both business and home; the unit is built for on-the-go storage and real-time back-up
- Security: Prevents unauthorized data access and use of lost or stolen drives; provides protection during transportation
- Inproved Performance: CX-Ranger/E with UBS 3.0 enhances up to 10X the performance of USB 2.0
- Enhanced User Interface: Allows remote management and configuration through a standard Web browser
- Built-in Hardware AES 256 Encryption: Unit can be connected to a notebook or CX-5000NAS providing complete security of stored data
For more information, visit www.ciphertex.com.