RingCube’s New vDesk VDI Edition Accelerates Enterprise VDI Rollouts, Maximize Desktop Virtualization Benefits
vDesk VDI Edition increases productivity, lowers costs, and reduces complexity for enterprise VDI deployments.
Note: ESJ’s editors carefully choose vendor-issued press releases about new or upgraded products and services. We have edited and/or condensed this release to highlight key features but make no claims as to the accuracy of the vendor's statements.
RingCube Technologies, a managed virtual workspace provider, has introduced vDesk VDI Edition, a new enterprise desktop virtualization solution that expands an organization’s VDI user base, enables faster and more efficient VDI rollouts, reduces VDI infrastructure costs, and lowers a VDI project’s cost per user while increasing its return on investment (ROI). With vDesk VDI Edition, organizations can realize the promised productivity and cost-saving benefits from their VMWare View and Citrix XenDesktop investments.
Most organizations choose to implement pooled VDI deployments in order to keep storage and infrastructure costs low, thereby forgoing the ability to personalize users’ desktops. vDesk VDI Edition solves this challenge by expanding the rollout of VDI desktops across an organization which decreases the cost per user and increases economies of scale. VDI is no longer restricted to structured task workers -- employees who require highly personalized desktops can now be included in VDI implementations. By broadening the VDI rollout to a larger percentage of employees, organizations lower the overall cost of their VDI projects which results in a higher return on investment.
Benefits of RingCube’s new vDesk VDI Edition
Maximizing an organization’s VDI user base:
- Expands VDI rollouts beyond task workers to employees that require customized desktops including knowledge and mobile workers.
- Virtualizes a user’s complete desktop environment, including applications, data, profile and settings; also supports department and user-installed applications
Rolling out VDI faster and more efficiently:
- Minimal setup requirements; vDesk VDI Edition is easy to implement and utilize
- Leverages IT staffs’ existing Windows management expertise with no steep learning curve
Reducing VDI infrastructure costs:
- Utilizes pooled VDI model for lower storage costs while still offering 100 percent persistent personalization
- Unlike other virtualization technologies, works seamlessly with VMware View and Citrix XenDesktop by supporting their image management capabilities and preserving their ability to reduce storage costs
- Integrates with application management and provisioning tools so an organization’s existing management structure is maintained
Lowering VDI’s cost per user and increasing ROI:
- Dramatically decreases a VDI project’s cost per user, because a larger percentage of employees can utilize VDI and increases a VDI project’s return on investment
vDesk VDI Edition for VMware View and Citrix XenDesktop is available now. Pricing starts at $95 per user. More information is available at http://www.ringcube.com/.