Sanbolic Extends Microsoft SQL Server Agility, High-Availability Across Physical, Virtualized, and Cloud Environments
AppCluster v2.0 features storage live migration, dynamic load balancing, and database quality of service (QoS) enhancements.
Note: ESJ’s editors carefully choose vendor-issued press releases about new or upgraded products and services. We have edited and/or condensed this release to highlight key features but make no claims as to the accuracy of the vendor's statements.
Sanbolic, a distributed data management solutions provider, has launched AppCluster version 2.0 (v2.0) -- a Microsoft SQL Server-specific module within its Melio Enterprise software that extends the agility, high availability (HA), and scalability of SQL Server workloads across physical, virtualized, and cloud environments.
AppCluster v2.0 enhancements include:
- Storage Live Migration: Live migration of data within and across heterogeneous physical and virtual environments, for consolidation or to move from proof of concept (PoC) to production, with no downtime or disruption in service.
- Dynamic Load Balancing: Automatic or directly managed distribution of workload across all heterogeneous physical and virtual storage assets, for enhanced capacity management, optimization, and performance.
- Individual Database Quality of Service (QoS): Automated, policy-based management that identifies performance bottlenecks in real time and reallocates resources to meet change in demand, thereby ensuring high availability and peak application performance.
The new AppCluster software module was created to address the challenges countless data centers face today from the continuing proliferation of SQL Server deployments. For these organizations, database consolidation has become a high-value and high-priority undertaking -- and customers require an efficient and cost-effective solution.
AppCluster v2.0 enables the following key SQL Server capabilities:
- Hardware abstraction: Simplify management and distribution of workloads across the entire SQL Server environment.
- SQL Server Virtualization: Consolidates, protects, and manages physical and virtual SQL Server workloads, enabling a more agile, efficient, and scalable shared cluster of critical SQL Server database instances.
- Active-Active Clustering and Failover: Simplifies storage management in highly available clustered SQL Server deployments by providing active-active access to a pool of shared storage resources. Enables users to efficiently store and protect data while providing features such as database-level QoS to manage performance.
- Centralized Data Management and Workflow: The ability to manage the entire environment and workflow, both local and remote, from a single management console.
More information is available at www.sanbolic.com.