Voltage Extends E-mail Encryption on iOS Devices, Android Phones
Easy-to use e-mail encryption now available on leading mobile devices to encrypt to virtually anyone, anywhere.
Note: ESJ’s editors carefully choose vendor-issued press releases about new or upgraded products and services. We have edited and/or condensed this release to highlight key features but make no claims as to the accuracy of the vendor's statements.
Voltage Security, a data-centric security and stateless key management solutions provider, has released Voltage Secure-mail Mobile Edition that allows mobile users to read encrypted messages sent from Voltage-enabled desktops, gateways, enterprise applications, and other mobile devices. Users can reply to or compose new secure messages to any standard inbox with a simple “send secure” option.
By working with the native mobile e-mail client apps for iOS, Android, and BlackBerry, users can enjoy their familiar e-mail experience and native phone features. Granular, centrally managed message-level mobile policies simplify regulatory compliance for sensitive e-mail content inside and outside the enterprise.
Created with the same Voltage Identity-Based Encryption (IBE) technology for securing sensitive e-mail for enterprises, Voltage Secure-mail Mobile Edition protects sensitive e-mail messages and attachments with persistent data encryption, mitigating the risk of data breaches and streamlining compliance with privacy regulations.
Key features in Voltage Secure-mail Mobile Edition include:
- Native device and application integration: Works with the existing e-mail client apps, native UI, contacts, and global address lists. Full attachment support with native viewers streamlines access to secure content for mobile users. Sending secure e-mail is just a tap away and there is no need for a third-party mobile inbox or service nor any confusing message delivery methods.
- Immediate value: Mobile Edition-enabled enterprises can unlock the full set of capabilities, including mobile-specific policies, native app features, and an intuitive native user interface.
- App-store provisioning: Employees, partners, and customers can self-provision the app and register their e-mail address within minutes, streamlining secure business interactions to supported mobile users anywhere, anytime.
- Unified policies and enforcement: Enables central control and audit for enforcing security policies including authentication, recipient rules, reply, forward, and compose - inside and outside the enterprise.
- Global enterprise scale: With no per-device key pairs or certificates to manage, or custom configuration files to distribute, Voltage Secure-mail Mobile Edition can be deployed across a dispersed enterprise user population quickly and with minimal operational cost.
- Designed for MDM compatibility: Working with bring your own device-driven mobile device management (MDM) solutions, the new mobile apps reach past MDM device-level controls to protect e-mail and attachments wherever they go.
- Protect cloud e-mail messages: Supports recipients using popular web-based e-mail services on mobile devices. Users on Gmail and Yahoo Mail, for example, can rest assured their messages remain secure, even if their inbox is compromised.
Voltage Secure-mail Mobile Edition is a separately licensed offering for commercial enterprises. The mobile apps are available as a no-charge download in permitted countries to employees, contractors, customers, partners, vendors, and suppliers of Voltage Secure-mail-enabled enterprises. The new mobile e-mail security app for Android smartphones and iOS devices is available immediately for download from the Apple App Store and Google Play. The app for BlackBerry smartphones will be available in July. Further information is available at www.voltage.com/secure-mailmobile.