Accellion Solutions Secure Mobile File Sharing
FIPS 140-2 certified solution allows users to securely access and share enterprise content with Accellion Mobile Apps.
Note: ESJ’s editors carefully choose vendor-issued press releases about new or upgraded products and services. We have edited and/or condensed this release to highlight key features but make no claims as to the accuracy of the vendor's statements.
Accellion, Inc. has updated its Accellion Mobile Apps solution that allows business users to collaborate and view more than 200 different file types, editing and sharing files from a secure, encrypted location using smartphones and tablets.
Accellion apps for Apple iOS (iPhone and iPad), BlackBerry, and Android devices deliver a alternative to cumbersome browser-based apps. Once users have downloaded the mobile application, they can login and begin browsing their workspace to find and view relevant content using a simple, intuitive interface.
With the right privileges, users have the flexibility to edit a file either online or they can download the encrypted file for offline use (without a WiFi or data connection), then upload the edited file back to the Accellion Secure Workspace.
For IT and Security Teams, the latest version of Accellion Mobile Apps provides:
- FIPS 140-2 certification. Accellion is certified by the Cryptographic Module Validation Program (CMVP) to meet the security requirements set forth for federal organizations by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST).
- Granular control over user privileges to align with an organization’s data privacy, compliance and security policies, including the ability to designate whether users are Standard, Expert, or Restricted and/or if they can “View Only” or “Edit” files.
- Secure file life cycle from authentication to encrypted (256-bit AES) files at rest and in transit to secure editing and saving edited files back to the Accellion cloud.
- Public, private, and hybrid cloud connections to maximize privacy and protection based on an enterprise’s specific security needs and requirements.
- Password-protected files that only allow the person who owns the device to access locally saved and encrypted files.
- Remote monitoring, logging and easy to access usage reports of mobile apps, including remote workers and third parties.
Accellion Secure Mobile Apps ensure the protection of intellectual property and compliance with industry and government regulations. Accellion Secure Mobile Apps support LDAP authentication to ensure that only authorized users gain access to Accellion Secure Workspaces, which allow teams to securely collaborate and keep projects moving forward by enabling users to view, comment, share, sync, and send files. Users can securely access files from anywhere without a VPN.
More information is available at www.accellion.com.