Updated CONTROL! Solutions Makes Large Messaging and Collaboration Networks More Efficient
Fast, Cost-Effective Ways to Reduce TCO and Improve QoS; New Methodology for Efficient Server Consolidation
ORLANDO, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Oct. 20, 2003-- At Gartner Symposium ITxpo 2003 today, DYS Analytics, Inc., the leader in application performance management for messaging and collaboration applications, announced it has shipped an upgrade to its flagship CONTROL! solutions for IBM Lotus and Microsoft messaging and collaboration applications. The upgraded CONTROL! 4.1 product suites incorporate new features that help IT staffs Efficiencize(TM) large messaging and collaboration networks, reduce total cost of ownership (TCO) and at the same time improve quality of service (QoS). In addition, DYS Analytics announced the availability of a new DYS Advanced Server Consolidation Methodology to Efficiencize(TM) server consolidation projects, reduce project risks and ensure project success. All new CONTROL! solutions are available now.
DYS CONTROL! provides comprehensive usage monitoring, analysis and reporting for more efficient management of large messaging and collaboration networks. CONTROL! solutions for Email, Replication, Applications and Instant Collaboration enable IT staffs to:
- Efficiencize Application Management and Operations: CONTROL! enables day-to-day proactive management - keeping application networks running at peak performance. By providing health and availability monitoring and alerting, troubleshooting/root cause analysis, SLA and email policy compliance reporting, performance monitoring and usage tracking, CONTROL! allows IT staff to be more strategically focused and spend less time fire-fighting.
- Efficiencize Strategic Projects: CONTROL! provides essential project insight through accurate profiling/baselining, application cleanup, modeling and validation. By using actual application usage and traffic patterns and loads, CONTROL! accurately determines baseline activity. This information is then used within CONTROL! to model "what-if analysis" for a variety of critical projects such as server consolidation, platform upgrades and migration, topology design, application rollouts and capacity planning - resulting in substantial savings in project costs for servers, network and storage and reduced project risks.
"With our latest CONTROL! release, IT professionals can greatly improve their Domino, Sametime and Exchange networks by efficiencizing their application configuration and IT infrastructure - proactively optimizing their global networks on an ongoing basis, and gaining in-depth understanding required for successful planning and execution of major projects like server consolidations," said Andrew Wolff, vice president of products for DYS.
Major enhancements in the upgraded CONTROL! 4.1 product suites include:
- Application Modeling Capabilities - By using actual application usage, traffic data and server and network loads, CONTROL! accurately models the impact of proposed changes such as server consolidation, topology changes, and load balancing. CONTROL! enables IT staffs to see the impact of these modifications and perform "what-if analysis" before they are implemented. This ensures that an optimal change is made, and that sufficient, yet not excessive, server and network resources are available to service the new configuration.
- New CONTROL! Efficiencizing Features - Among the new features are: Reports to identify users who should migrate their email activity to IM conversations, automatic end-user warnings with suggested corrective actions when exceeding mail size thresholds, higher performing inactive user and database identification to speed complex network cleanups and automation of replication analysis.
- DYS Advanced Server Consolidation Methodology - This multi-step proven methodology - including cleanup, profile/baseline, design and validate - provides efficient planning and implementation of major server consolidation projects for mail, replication, application and IM. It leverages DYS' in-depth experience in designing large-scale messaging and collaboration networks, along with its industry-leading CONTROL! software.
About DYS Analytics
Founded in 1993, DYS Analytics is the leading provider of application management solutions for messaging and collaboration applications such as IBM Lotus Domino, IBM Lotus Instant Messaging and Web Conferencing and Microsoft Exchange. The DYS CONTROL! solutions monitor and analyze application usage, traffic and performance across the entire enterprise and help organizations align the application and its supporting infrastructure with the business usage. This results in a substantial reduction in infrastructure and administration costs and improved quality of service. DYS customers are major global organizations such as JPMorgan Chase, HSBC, Bank One, ABN AMRO Bank, Zurich Financial Services, IBM, CSC, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Henkel, Bayer, Novartis and GlaxoSmithKline. For more information, visit http://www.dysanalytics.com.
DYS Analytics, CONTROL! and the DYS logo are trademarks of DYS Analytics, Inc. IBM, Lotus, Lotus Notes, Domino and Sametime are trademarks or registered trademarks of IBM Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both. All other brand and product names are the registered trademarks or trademarks of their respective owners.