TDWI Radio News: SOA, Cognos Style
We keep hearing about SOA, but what does it mean, really?
- By Eric Kavanagh
Industry pundits, consultants and vendors keep talking the SOA talk, but what does it take to walk the SOA walk? Cognos SOA guru Godfrey Lee says there are some very specific tenets to keep in mind when setting sail on the high seas of service orientation. Tune into this TDWI Radio News interview to learn about the service oriented architecture, including insights about:
- which principles Cognos says are critical
- what defines a service, and what kinds of services are in use
- the difference between coarse- and fine-grained services
- the new challenges that arise as an SOA matures
- why SOA is more of a declaration than a program
“It’s not a predefined stack or a framework that you buy and use.”
How to Listen
About the Author
Eric Kavanagh is the president of Mobius Media, a strategic communications consultancy. You can contact the author at firstname.lastname@example.org.