Scriptlogic’s Updated Help Desk Authority Enhances Asset Management
Help Desk Authority 8.1 links trouble tickets with asset data, integrates with desktop authority and offers iPhone client
Note: ESJ’s editors carefully choose vendor-issued press releases about new or upgraded products and services. We have edited and/or condensed this release to highlight key features but make no claims as to the accuracy of the this vendor's statements.
ScriptLogic Corporation released Help Desk Authority 8.1, a help desk solution for tracking tickets and shortening the lifecycle of help desk issues. This latest version, available now for download, accelerates incident resolution by integrating hardware and software asset information directly into trouble tickets and through new asset inventory collection features.
Formerly known as BridgeTrak, Help Desk Authority 8.1 comes in two advanced versions, Pro and Enterprise.
Help Desk Authority 8.1 offers two ways to link asset inventory with help desk trouble tickets. First, Help Desk Authority’s optional HDAsset module has been significantly upgraded to gather an inventory of assets from the hardware and software on the Windows network without requiring agents to be installed on target devices. In addition, customers with Desktop Authority can schedule a regular import of asset inventory collected by Desktop Authority’s agents.
Help Desk Authority enables internal help desk technicians and external-facing customer service representatives to manage end-user issues, ensuring that issues are addressed in a timely manner. Three new editions provide varying levels of management and integration, customized to fit within organizations of any size. New Help Desk Authority editions, which include both Windows and Web-based interfaces, include:
- Help Desk Authority Standard Edition: Easy to install solution includes basic ticket tracking, a standard search engine with customizable views and queries, customized reporting, and a knowledge base of known issues.
- Help Desk Authority Professional Edition: An integrated help desk solution, Help Desk Authority Pro Edition accelerates time to resolution by automating issue escalation, leveraging a knowledge base for issue resolution, creating tickets from standard emails, offering a more granular tool for searching and integration with Active Directory for secure authentication and consistent user data.
- Help Desk Authority Enterprise Edition: By streamlining the entire help desk process, Help Desk Authority Enterprise Edition allows for quicker time to resolution for help desk tickets, improved control of IT asset information, options for user self-service and issue resolution and true remote management of user desktops locally or across the internet.
Help Desk Authority 8.1’s enhanced HDAsset module offers many other productivity enhancements for help desk technicians supporting networks of Windows hardware and software, including:
- Remote asset inventory collection: Audit hardware, software, system configuration and software licensing information without the need to install software or agents on client computers
- On demand and scheduled audits: Asset data can be collected on demand or audits can be scheduled to run daily, weekly or monthly
- Asset inventory reporting: Generate detailed asset reports to give a comprehensive overview of all the systems and software within an organization
- Change tracking tools: Track and report on changes to hardware, software and Windows system changes that occur between asset collection operations
- Help Desk Authority Mobile: A new mobile application for iPhone and iPod Touch users that keeps help desk technicians securely connected to the Help Desk Authority database even if they are not at their desk. A demo of Help Desk Authority Mobile from the App Store is available through iTunes.
Pricing and Availability
ScriptLogic Help Desk Authority 8.1 is licensed per help desk technician. Pricing starts at $199 for Help Desk Authority Standard Edition with a minimum of five help desk technicians. The new HDAsset module will be priced at $5 per computer. More information, including a free 30-day evaluation is available at www.scriptlogic.com.