Zenoss Enterprise IT Monitor Guarantees to Cut Costs in Half Over Traditional Solutions
Company eliminates up-front licensing costs, reduces deployment and maintenance effort
Note: ESJ’s editors carefully choose vendor-issued press releases about new or upgraded products and services. We have edited and/or condensed this release to highlight key features but make no claims as to the accuracy of the this vendor's statements.
Zenoss Inc.today released a new version of Zenoss Enterprise. The release eases the burden of managing and administering enterprise IT monitoring, providing companies with one product to discover, monitor, alert, and report. The company is backing Zenoss Enterprise implementations with a first guarantee of 50 percent or more cost savings on licensing, maintenance, and deployment compared to traditional products from HP, IBM, CA, and BMC.
According to Bill Karpovich, co-founder and CEO of Zenoss, "Companies are no longer willing to let their IT monitoring requirements be held hostage by vendors imposing exorbitant costs, too much complexity, and multi-product requirements. This marks a new day in enterprise IT monitoring -- customers get the functionality, support, and flexibility they demand at a price that makes sense.”
The latest version adds several features and enhancements that align with needs of enterprise IT infrastructure monitoring. New features include:
- Normalization of Metrics Across Heterogeneous Technologies: A single, consistent view of monitoring information across Linux, Unix, and Microsoft Windows platforms that simplifies cross-platform management and enterprise reporting.
- Scalable Secure, Monitoring of Linux/Unix Servers: Easy to deploy, agentless monitoring for Linux and Unix that doesn't compromise scalability or security.
- Monitoring of Internal or External Web Services: A simple GUI-based configuration able to monitor any cloud-based service.
- VMware vSphere 4 Support: Extended management capabilities for virtualization management, including support for vSphere 4 and the new vCenter Server.
- Expanded Device and Applications Support: Turnkey plug-ins for more than 20 new target technologies include Linux, AIX, Nokia Firewalls, and Barracuda Anti-Spam appliances; Zenoss monitors over 100 technologies directly out of the box.
- Simplified Setup and Configuration: Point-and-click install and configuration wizard guide that greatly reduces setup time and simplifies configuration tasks
Zenoss eliminates up-front licensing costs and reduces the time and effort required to deploy and maintain the software.
For more information about the product or the terms of the guarantee, visit www.zenoss.com.