Acronis Adds Deduplication, Enhances Management Tools in Backup & Recovery 10
New release adds scalability, boosts support for virtual environments for enterprise and SMBs
Note: ESJ’s editors carefully choose vendor-issued press releases about new or upgraded products and services. We have edited and/or condensed this release to highlight key features but make no claims as to the accuracy of the vendor's statements.
Acronis Inc. has released Acronis Backup & Recovery 10, an update to (and new name for) Acronis True Image disaster recovery products that has been redesigned and enhanced to meet the needs of small and large organizations. The product family increases scalability, improves backup efficiency, and enhances operations manageability.
Based on the Acronis disk imaging and bare-metal restore technology, Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 can back up and restore any Microsoft or Linux-based server or workstation to their full operating state prior to any failure -- including operating system, applications, updates, settings, and data on the entire hard disk.
Acronis Backup & Recovery 10’s new capabilities include a deduplication option that allows organizations to dramatically reduce the size of their backups by eliminating storage of redundant files. It also delivers a new enhanced user interface coupled with the power to remotely manage backup tasks from anywhere across the globe.
These enhanced capabilities to the Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 family allow small, midsize, and large organizations to automate backup and disaster recovery processes across physical and virtual environments, including physical-to-virtual migration capabilities with a single solution. As part of a business' continuity plan, Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 can:
- Help an enterprise save time and money using a complete disk-imaging backup and restore product that captures the OS, applications, and data in minutes
- Benefit from a flexible bare-metal restore operation to any hardware
- Enjoy fast recovery with the ability to recover an individual file or folder
- Offer investment protection with a scalable product family that delivers protection as you grow or expand
- Save money with a single product for both Windows and Linux environments
- Save personnel costs and time by using a centralized, policy-based management for distributed IT systems and infrastructures
- Cut storage and network costs with optionally integrated software deduplication
Small and midsize businesses can take advantage of enterprise-class services at a very affordable price with an easy-to-use package for backing up and recovering critical data to or from disk, FTP, and optical and tape devices quickly. Restoring a complete system – PC, workstation, or server -- can be completed in minutes, not hours or days.
Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 delivers:
- Enhanced support for virtual environments
- Storage and networking savings through data deduplication
- Centralized management of distributed systems
- Ease of installation, use, and maintenance to reduce operating costs
Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 is immediately available. Prices ranges from $74.00 (US) to $3171.00 (US) and include the first year of Acronis Advantage Premium support and maintenance with each license. More information is available at www.acronis.com.