AmberPoint Brings Comprehensive Application Management to Business Process Managers
End-to-end visibility into application flows through leading process management infrastructure
Note: ESJ’s editors carefully choose vendor-issued press releases about new or upgraded products and services. We have edited and/or condensed this release to highlight key features but make no claims as to the accuracy of the vendor's statements.
AmberPoint today announced that its application management solutions now instrument composite applications built on business-process engines. As a result, organizations have more complete visibility into their end-to-end application flows and can manage a broader set of components and infrastructure participating in their applications.
Until now, organizations have paid a high price for their lack of visibility into business process managers. Stalled processes, errors, and exceptions can have a direct, immediate, and negative impact on a company’s bottom line. However, with AmberPoint, process managers are no longer black boxes. AmberPoint customers can see every hop across their distributed applications, including every flow inside their process managers.
AmberPoint’s initial list of supported process managers includes Oracle BPEL Process Manager, Oracle WebLogic Integration, Microsoft BizTalk Server, and TIBCO BusinessWorks. Additionally, AmberPoint can instrument, on demand, other process managers using its Transaction Visibility Toolkit.
AmberPoint is optimized for specific business process managers. For example, it provides deep visibility into BPEL process flows in Oracle BPEL Process Manager, including individual process flows and a wide variety of interactions, such as those with databases, files, manual workflows, JMS, EJB, e-mail, and Web services.
- Real time: Unlike other solutions, AmberPoint gives organizations real-time visibility into business process performance and service level agreements. It delivers proactive notifications on stalled transactions and alerts users about exceptions and errors.
- Cross-process: AmberPoint is unique in its ability to provide real-time insight into either individual processes or multiple connected processes of any type.
- Flexible: AmberPoint works across a wide variety of processes, including those using either synchronous or asynchronous activities and those leveraging different protocols.
- End to End: By combining its instrumentation of business process managers with its coverage of application components and infrastructure, AmberPoint gives organizations unparalleled views of their distributed application environments, end to end.
- Non-invasive: AmberPoint monitors process-centric applications without modifying messages or process definitions so organizations can confidently use AmberPoint to manage existing applications and processes without risk of breaking existing production environments.
“Organizations have long sought end-to-end visibility into their enterprise applications, but were previously handcuffed by their inability to instrument process managers,” said Dhruv Gupta, vice president of product marketing at AmberPoint. “There were black-outs in the process flows, where transaction failures and application performance issues could go undetected. By adding the leading process managers to the list of AmberPoint-supported infrastructure, we’ve significantly improved the reach of the operations teams responsible for these complex applications.”
- Ensures performance and responsiveness end to end across all application components
- Minimizes transaction fallout that can directly impact revenue
- Improves awareness of deployed applications, integration points, and performance characteristics, resulting from end-to-end visibility across application flows
- Improves compliance by ensuring more consistent policy enforcement across application components
- Raises IT efficiencies by delivering centralized management of a more complete set of application components and infrastructure
- Reduces operations overhead through greater system uptime and lower mean time to repair
Additional information is available at www.amberpoint.com.