AutoVirt Version 3 Helps IT Manage Unstructured File Data On Windows Networks
AutoVirt v3.0 delivers storage management policy enhancements for data replication, archiving, tiering, copy and device transfer, plus independent namespaces and Microsoft DFS and DFS-R interoperability
Note: ESJ’s editors carefully choose vendor-issued press releases about new or upgraded products and services. We have edited and/or condensed this release to highlight key features but make no claims as to the accuracy of the vendor's statements.
AutoVirt, Inc., a developer of migration and management software for unstructured data on Windows networks, today released AutoVirt Version 3.0, featuring enhancements for storage automation policies and independent namespaces, and interoperability with Microsoft’s DFS/DFS-R platform. The new and extended capabilities of AutoVirt 3.0 enable disaster protection, business continuity, and archiving in the storage environment. These build upon AutoVirt’s existing capabilities for executing a variety of storage optimization and consolidation tasks faster, less expensively, and without disrupting users.
The AutoVirt v3.0 enhancements include:
- Automated storage management policies: automate the execution a variety of data management operations -- from the mundane to the complex. Policies are configured through a simple GUI wizard and can be set up to run immediately or at a scheduled time. All policies include ACL preservation, and configurable error handling, logging, and alert capabilities.
- Storage tiering: classify data and automatically move it to the appropriate storage platform, based on its value. Move critical data to higher performing storage, while keeping less critical data on a lower cost storage alternative. Tiering provides dramatic capital and operational savings, and allows for shorter back-up and recovery windows.
- File archiving: move static data to an archive tier to protect it for long-term preservation and to meet regulatory guidelines.
- Data replication: ensure multiple copies of data are available at all times over any distance, eliminating the possibility of data loss due to corruption or disaster.
- Data copy: increase the speed and efficiency of Windows data copy tasks.
- Device transfer: easily import multi-media files from remote devices such as CD/DVD, CAD, and medical/industrial devices to networked storage.
- Independent namespaces: leverage AutoVirt’s file-virtualization capabilities to logically organize client views of networked files, independent of location. By creating multiple namespaces, IT can update the architecture of unstructured data and preserve client shortcuts indefinitely.
- Microsoft DFS and DFS-R Interoperability: leverage any existing Microsoft DFS infrastructure with AutoVirt’s intelligent management capabilities and automation policies layered on top.
“AutoVirt v3.0 delivers a complete storage management and migration solution for unstructured Windows files that is both easy to use and affordable,” said Josh Klein, president and CEO of AutoVirt. “While designed and priced for the storage challenges faced by the mid-market, it is an ideal solution for IT shops of all sizes as it targets universal pain points including over-provisioning and under- utilization of storage assets, failed backups, unexpected downtime, overspending on resources, hard-to-find data and difficulty retiring older assets in order to perform tech refreshes.”
AutoVirt v3.0 is immediately available, can be installed in just two hours, and requires no implementation expense. Additional information is available at www.autovirt.com.