Jaspersoft Updates BI Tool, Unveils Enterprise Edition
In-memory analytics helps solve enterprise-class BI problems for organizations of all sizes
Note: ESJ’s editors carefully choose vendor-issued press releases about new or upgraded products and services. We have edited and/or condensed this release to highlight key features but make no claims as to the accuracy of the vendor's statements.
Jaspersoft has released Jaspersoft 3.7, providing powerful functionality for even the most complex BI requirements at an affordable price. The company also unveiled the new Jaspersoft Enterprise Edition; it offers a complete package of advanced business analytics and reporting functionality.
Making informed decisions based on facts is increasingly important for both small and large organizations, and the Jaspersoft Enterprise Edition helps deliver advanced BI capabilities previously only available from traditional BI providers and at a much higher investment level. The Jaspersoft Enterprise Edition is a customized package designed for organizations that need advanced and highly scalable features, such as data integration, relational OLAP services, audit logging and multi-tenancy capabilities.
Historically, enterprise BI environments with large and distributed data stores were a problem for just a small segment of the overall BI market. Today, however, CIOs and IT managers at organizations of all sizes must effectively capture and analyze an explosion of data. The new economics of IT, the mainstream adoption of open source software, the proliferation of software-as-a-service (SaaS), and the emergence of cloud computing all lead to the need for the type of simple, powerful reporting and analytics delivered in Jaspersoft 3.7 and Jaspersoft Enterprise Edition.
New capabilities in Jaspersoft 3.7 include:
- Customers will find answers faster with new interactive functions in Jaspersoft's integrated in-memory analysis, letting users slice, pivot, filter, drill into, and visualize their data
- Users will be able to quickly find reports with the new search-powered report repository
- Business users can interact with advanced Flash-based graphs, maps and widgets, which make reports, dashboards, and applications more powerful
- Administrators gain greater manageability, control, and visibility into the Jaspersoft BI platform through a complete audit log that chronicles many aspects of report usage and provides tuning features to optimize in-memory analysis processing
- Customers can dynamically design web-based, ad hoc reports, refining filters, modifying dimensions and visualization techniques on the fly
- Certified support for several analytic databases optimized for data warehousing, and support for an enterprise-class federated data services platform for multiple heterogeneous data source environments
More information about specific features available in Jaspersoft 3.7 are available at jaspersoft.com/jaspersoft-37-has-arrived.