Xsigo Launches Virtual I/O for Open Cloud Infrastructures
New 2U-high I/O Director accelerates infrastructure deployments for private clouds from weeks to hours, standardizes server management
Note: ESJ’s editors carefully choose vendor-issued press releases about new or upgraded products and services. We have edited and/or condensed this release to highlight key features but make no claims as to the accuracy of the vendor's statements.
Xsigo Systems has released the Xsigo VP560 I/O Director -- a non-proprietary virtual I/O solution designed specifically for private cloud infrastructures. With its compact 2U size, cost-effective entry point, and interoperability with leading hardware and software, the VP560 I/O Director lets customers configure standardized rack-based computing architectures, or "pods," that enable the efficient delivery of scalable compute resources.
Built on the same hardware and software platform as Xsigo’s VP780 I/O Director, the 2U-high VP560 I/O Director is half the height of the VP780. Both products include 24 server connections and both are scalable to larger numbers of servers via expansion switches.
Product highlights include:
- Dynamic I/O management: Deploy virtual Ethernet and Fibre channel connections to live servers
- Scalable I/O: Up to 64 virtual NICs and HBAs per server with one cable
- 24 server ports: 20Gbps per server connection
- Four I/O module slots: Each is configurable with 10G Ethernet, 1G Ethernet, and 4Gb Fibre Channel modules
- Supports seven operating environments: VMware ESX, Windows Server, Hyper-V, Solaris, Oracle VM, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, and Citrix XenServer
- Broad system interoperability: Proven with X86 servers from Dell, Hitachi, HP, IBM, Oracle, and SuperMicro
- Broad storage interoperability: Proven with FC, iSCSI, and NAS storage from Dell, 3PAR, Compellent, EMC, Hitachi, HP, IBM, NetApp, Pillar Data, and XIV
- Broad network interoperability: Proven with Ethernet and Fibre Channel networking equipment from Brocade, Cisco, HP, and Juniper
- Future-proof: Add new I/O capabilities without adding or upgrading server cards and cables
Configurable to the needs of both medium-sized firms, and large enterprise, the VP560 I/O Director can be deployed in either self-contained pods that house all needed resources -- servers, storage and networking -- or in compute-only pods that are then connected to data center network and storage resources.
The VP560 I/O Director is immediately available, and is priced at $20,000. For more information, visit www.xsigo.com.