Symantec Launches Hosted Endpoint Protection
SaaS portfolio provides complete approach to hosted security for SMBs from the gateway to the endpoint
Note: ESJ’s editors carefully choose vendor-issued press releases about new or upgraded products and services. We have edited and/or condensed this release to highlight key features but make no claims as to the accuracy of the vendor's statements.
Symantec Corp. has launched its Symantec Hosted Endpoint Protection, a new cloud-based offering for small and midsize organizations that want to secure their systems without needing additional hardware or management software. Customers can protect their Windows-based laptops, desktops, and file servers from security threats using a cloud-based service.
Symantec Hosted Endpoint Protection safeguards endpoint systems with a single solution managed from a Web-based console offering advanced protection from the endpoint to the gateway. Businesses need highly effective security solutions that are easy to set up and require minimal maintenance, especially small and midsize businesses that have limited resources to stay current with evolving security requirements while managing a myriad of additional IT responsibilities.
Symantec Hosted Endpoint Protection leverages the Symantec Global Intelligence Network and benefits from the network’s rapid threat identification and response. Automatic security updates are made transparently over an Internet connection.
Key features and benefits of Symantec hosted endpoint protection include:
- Comprehensive Protection for Customer Systems: Advanced technologies for antivirus, antispyware, firewall and host intrusion prevention.
- Always-on Protection for Endpoints: Automated updates occur transparently over an Internet connection to keep employee systems current and consistent with client policies for all employees, even when they’re not logged into their corporate VPN.
- Web-based Management Console: Administrators can access the administration portal over a supported Web-browser and corporate VPN access is not required to monitor and manage each computer. Administrators receive real-time alerts via SMS or e-mail and can easily perform functions such as initiate a LiveUpdate to refresh system protection levels, view history on systems and change local policy settings.
- Ease of Management: Adds and manages new computers without requiring on-site management servers. Updates occur automatically and new features are introduced as they become available during the subscription period for no additional fee.
- Scalable: Flexibility provided through a hosted model allows the solution to scale to incorporate new endpoints quickly and efficiently without requiring additional hardware or management software.
- Fast to Deploy: Can be quickly deployed to users via standard download, an e-mail invitation or silently pushed to the customer’s network.
Symantec Hosted Endpoint Protection is available now to customers in North America. It delivers antivirus, antispyware, firewall, and host intrusion prevention for desktops and laptops and antivirus and antispyware for file servers. The service can be purchased on its own or in combination with other Symantec Hosted Services across e-mail, Web, and IM.
A free trial is available at www.messagelabs.com/trials/hep.