Idappcom Releases Security Monitoring Tool
Traffic IQ v2.0 provides a vulnerability assessment tool for enterprises
Note: ESJ’s editors carefully choose vendor-issued press releases about new or upgraded products and services. We have edited and/or condensed this release to highlight key features but make no claims as to the accuracy of the vendor's statements.
Idappcom Ltd. has launched Traffic IQ V2.0. The product enables organizations to test security systems for effectiveness, optimization, and to extend the life of their security equipment.
Traffic IQ v2.0 is an automated auditing and vulnerability assessment testing tool that has an extensive traffic library that includes thousands of real threats and corresponding security rules for the latest threats. Traffic IQ is used to assist in configuration and enhances the effectiveness of existing security systems in order to optimize all security appliances. The vulnerability assessment tool comes as a full version (software and appliance) and a freeware version is also available.
Traffic IQ v2.0 is specifically created for testing the response and recognition capabilities of IP-based packet filtering and access control systems (IDS, IPS, UTM, Switches, Routers, application layer Firewalls). This latest version of Traffic IQ has many client requested improvements and new features including:
- Extended library of threats/attacks
- Security rules for IP filtering security solutions
- Database structure to enhance the filtering and selection and viewing of traffic and rules
- Additional command line functions
- A scripting engine
- Enhanced reporting
- Modularized function and pricing
Companies that protect their networks with IP filtering security devices can now ensure the effectiveness of these devices by auditing them with Traffic IQ V2.0., using either the full licensed version (either in software or appliance format) or a free version of the product.
The full version is available in two software variants and two appliance-based variants, Traffic IQ Pack and Traffic IQ Pro Pack. Traffic IQ Pack includes the full traffic file library, traffic groups and scan lists, the traffic file editor and the command line Interface.
Traffic IQ Pro includes all the functionality of IQ Pack with the addition of two premium modules:
- Security rules: For the latest attack/threats, contained in the traffic file library, an industry standards based security rule has been created which can be used in a security appliance to mitigate the threat.
- Scripting engine: Enables the user to create scripts using VBA that can be run interactively or in batch. As an example scripts could be written to attack end points, check that all ports are active on devices, automate TIQ functions, etc.
The appliance version of the product comes with the software pre-installed on a 1U appliance, which is preconfigured with Windows embedded and optimized. Automated updates are available. Secure remote access can be used for managed services and external expertise to be utilized. An additional application is available to enable the use of evasion techniques to further test security beyond normal threat traffic.
For more information, visit www.idappcom.com.