SmartBear Software Releases CodeCollaborator 6.0
Includes peer review ability for Microsoft Office documents
Note: ESJ’s editors carefully choose vendor-issued press releases about new or upgraded products and services. We have edited and/or condensed this release to highlight key features but make no claims as to the accuracy of the vendor's statements.
SmartBear Software announced a major release of its peer code review tool, CodeCollaborator 6.0. Software developers, systems analysts, firmware and hardware designers use CodeCollaborator to conduct peer reviews on code, images, design documents, and schematics, and identify software defects early in the development lifecycle.
With this latest release, CodeCollaborator allows peer review of Microsoft Office documents. It also adds enhanced user management and reporting features.
The update includes an extensive list of important new features:
- Support for Microsoft Office documents: In addition to reviewing software files, schematics, design documents, images, and PDFs, developers can now peer review Microsoft Office documents and capture metrics on these reviews.
- Enhanced support for IBM Rational tools, Microsoft Visual Studio and Eclipse – CodeCollaborator, which already supports 16 version control tools, now includes a new Microsoft Visual Studio add-in that allows users to create and add materials to a review. Significant additions to the Eclipse plug-in move the entire peer review experience directly into the IDE integration platform. Improvements to the IBM Rational ClearCase integration and new integration with IBM Rational Team Concert also further move the code review experience into developers' tool of choice.
- Extensive new reporting: New custom fields and filters in code review reports and custom user-oriented reports allow teams to report more comprehensively on the time spent on peer reviews.
- Usability improvements: Features such as the ability to redact a comment, zoom control for documents and image files, and highlight defects found improve productivity and retain a level of auditability for regulated organizations.
- Peer review data collection: This feature makes it possible for companies to easily gather quantitative and qualitative survey data at the end of a review, making it easier to monitor and improve processes.
- Improved group administration features: Manage groups of users and delegate administration tasks to non-administrator users when appropriate.
For more information, visit www.smartbear.com.