Impulse Point Releases SafeConnect 5.0
New features optimize NAC for diverse environments with unmanaged devices, wireless networks
Note: ESJ’s editors carefully choose vendor-issued press releases about new or upgraded products and services. We have edited and/or condensed this release to highlight key features but make no claims as to the accuracy of the vendor's statements.
Impulse Point has announced the latest version of its flagship product, SafeConnect 5.0. SafeConnect enables organizations to manage end-user authentication, guest management, anti-virus, anti-spyware, Microsoft security patches, P2P file sharing, and custom policies.
New features in SafeConnect 5.0, such as policy enforcement integration with Aruba Wireless Controllers, enhanced endpoint profiling device recognition, and improved guest access sponsorship capabilities, allow Impulse Point to address the evolving challenges of pervasive mobile computing within large organizations.
Originally developed for the higher education market, SafeConnect NAC is designed to function uniformly in diverse network architectures.
Features new to SafeConnect Version 5.0 include:
- New policy enforcement integration with Aruba Wireless Controllers
- Improved real-time policy reporting dashboard interface
- Enhanced profiling, granular policy control and reporting for additional devices, such as smartphones and gaming devices
- Delegated access to guest management sponsorship and on-demand emergency broadcast messaging
- Support for additional Windows and Apple Mac Anti-Virus software vendors
- Third-party application version control for Windows platform for applications, such as Adobe Flash
- SafeConnect OpenNAC API integration enhancements
- New system configuration and administration portal
For more information, visit www.impulse.com.