PreEmptive Solutions’ Exception Analytics Provides Views into Application Stability
Tools improve software quality, increase user satisfaction, reduce support expense
Note: ESJ’s editors carefully choose vendor-issued press releases about new or upgraded products and services. We have edited and/or condensed this release to highlight key features but make no claims as to the accuracy of the vendor's statements.
PreEmptive Solutions, which develops solutions that measure, manage, and protect software development investments, has released Runtime Intelligence Exception Analytics, software and managed services that provide near real-time visibility into application stability across multiple platforms, architectures, and surfaces including mobile, rich Internet, cloud-based, and thick-application clients.
When exceptions occur in the wild, diagnostic information is typically difficult to capture, limited in scope, inefficiently delivered, difficult to analyze, and expensive to manage. With the emergence of distributed computing platforms, smartphones, and rich Internet frameworks, gathering this kind of runtime data has never been more difficult or more critical. These issues are addressed by Runtime Intelligence Exception Analytics:
- Data capture: Data capture at point (and time) of failure is automated with no programming required no agents to manage running across all physical and logical application layers.
- Exception scope: Contextual data is included beyond the “stack trace” including historical, custom, and technology stack. Furthermore, benchmark data can be captured including “healthy” usage over time, across applications, and across users.
- Data delivery: Data transfer with appropriate opt-in and security controls is automatic, supporting both online and offline scenarios.
- Exception analytics: Content management and integration is provided across applications, user communities, and any relevant business (CRM) dimensions. Comparative analytics can identify hidden trends and dependencies.
- Efficient implementation and management: Injection of exception reporting post-compile reduces or eliminates any additional programming and can be accomplished after the development phase is complete. Encoding and enforcement of opt-in policy supports diverse sets of user communities and controls even within a single application.
- Integration: Managed service provides infrastructure, security, and scale through ready integration into CRM, QA, and IDE platforms.
Runtime Intelligence Exception Analytics is available now. Additional information is available at www.preemptive.com.