Cast Updates Application Intelligence Platform
Version 7 offers better analysis and measurement power, improved visibility, greater control.
Note: ESJ’s editors carefully choose vendor-issued press releases about new or upgraded products and services. We have edited and/or condensed this release to highlight key features but make no claims as to the accuracy of the vendor's statements.
Cast has updated its software analysis and measurement solution -- Cast Application Intelligence Platform (AIP) -- to version 7.0, with new capabilities that make it easier to detect, measure, and take swift action to minimize IT software costs and risks.
Key new capabilities of Cast AIP v7.0 include:
Greater Measurement Power:
- Completely re-engineered J2EE, mainframe, and PL/SQL analyzers for increased analysis and measurement power
- Improved SAP, PeopleSoft, and Siebel ERP package analyzers based on data from field studies
- Over 50 new software engineering best practices added to the AIP’s knowledge base
- Fully graphical Architecture Checker for full visibility and control over architectural rules and design principles created by system architects
- Comprehensive, all-in-one-pane Investigation View saves users from clicking through many screens to get all relevant information on a problem
- A transaction-wide risk index (TwRI) groups the impact of critical violations by transaction for smart prioritization and action
- A new version of the Cast Management Studio with intelligent auto-discovery for faster configuration, easier administration, and automated report generation
- Seamless Active Directory LDAP/Kerberos integration for rapid plug and play implementation
- Automated action plans to accelerate the quality improvement process
- The Cast Storage Service -- a built-in quality data repository engineered for high performance and low operating cost
Cast AIP v7.0 is available now. More information is available at www.castsoftware.com/Product/Application-Intelligence-Platform.aspx.