Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 Supports Physical, Virtual, Cloud Environments
Solution can restore all data, files, and applications or just individual files.
Note: ESJ’s editors carefully choose vendor-issued press releases about new or upgraded products and services. We have edited and/or condensed this release to highlight key features but make no claims as to the accuracy of the vendor's statements.
Acronis, a disaster recovery and data protection solutions provider for physical, virtual, and cloud environments, has released Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 that allows organizations to simplify their disaster recovery and data protection needs.
Built upon Acronis’ established disk imaging technology, the business product family provides the market’s first affordable solution for integrated disaster recovery and data protection in one. Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 offers both a data-centric and a system-centric view of physical and virtual machines as well as providing secure offsite storage, allowing IT managers to simplify their operations from one unified platform, saving costs.
Key new features include:
Disaster recovery and data protection in one solution
- Uses System-centric approach to restore all data, files, applications, and operating systems through disk imaging technology for fast restoration
- Data-centric approach allows IT managers to recover, manage, and search for individual files from a backup no matter where they’re located in the backup file archive
Support for physical, virtual, and cloud environments
- IT managers can back up both physical and virtual environments; files and full system images can be stored securely in the cloud
New virtualization features
- Supports an unlimited number of migrations to and from the host machine
- Place an agent into the virtual machine and manage it exactly as you would manage a physical machine; and/or use a single host-based agent for VMware vSphere or Microsoft Hyper-V to manage all virtual machines on a host at once
- Simultaneous backups of virtual machines reduce virtual backup windows
Pricing and Availability
Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 is available at $1399 per server. Support for Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 and Microsoft SQL Server will be available at a later date. For more information, visit www.acronis.com/new-backup-recovery/.