Nimsoft Expands Unified Monitoring Coverage, Enhances Management Interface
Gives customers visibility into power, Google Apps, Google AppEngine, Rackspace cloud offerings
Note: ESJ’s editors carefully choose vendor-issued press releases about new or upgraded products and services. We have edited and/or condensed this release to highlight key features but make no claims as to the accuracy of the vendor's statements.
Nimsoft has announced enhancements to the Nimsoft Unified Monitoring architecture that enable customers to better monitor and manage critical business applications across all types of infrastructure -- from the data center to the cloud --including SaaS, hosted and virtualized environments.
There are two key enhancements:
- A Unified Monitoring Portal provides customizable Web 2.0 dashboards and reporting
- Expanded resource coverage enables the Nimsoft Unified Monitoring solutions to gather monitoring data from more than 100 systems, devices, and services -- including Google's cloud-based applications and Rackspace cloud offerings
With the release of the Unified Monitoring Portal, customers can instrument and view the monitoring of their internal data center and their internal and external cloud-based services. By using industry-standard portals and portlet technology, the Unified Monitoring Portal provides access to Nimsoft information, along with information and the GUI from third parties that have written to those standards. Customers can customize the portal as their needs and IT roles dictate.
The expanded monitoring coverage is delivered in three new offerings:
- Power Monitor enables users to monitor data center power and UPS status through a single dashboard. The solution provides insights into the cost and availability of power. This solution monitors specific SNMP values from uninterruptible power supplies, power distribution units, and automatic transfer switches for APC devices. Support for other power unit manufacturers' devices will be added over time.
- Google AppEngine and Google Apps monitoring enables users to monitor Google's cloud-based applications. Administrators can monitor domain performance of Google Apps and the status of the Google AppEngine application.
- Rackspace cloud monitoring enables users to monitor infrastructure that they obtain as a service from Rackspace. Nimsoft monitors Rackspace Cloud Servers and Cloud Files (storage) that are integrated with the Limelight content delivery network (CDN). As a result, Nimsoft customers using Rackspace can measure the performance of their cloud computing infrastructure -- including server usage, deployment efficiencies, latencies, disk usage, file upload/download bandwidths, and even the real-time cost of cloud resources -- in an integrated manner with their other resources.
For more information, visit www.nimsoft.com.