SmartBear Introduces Load-Testing Tool for Web Applications
LoadComplete reduces load testing barriers for resource-constrained quality teams.
Note: ESJ’s editors carefully choose vendor-issued press releases about new or upgraded products and services. We have edited and/or condensed this release to highlight key features but make no claims as to the accuracy of the vendor's statements.
SmartBear Software has unveiled LoadComplete, a new load-testing tool architected to remove the obstacles for many organizations that have shied away from load testing due to high licensing costs, complicated set up, lack of resources, and the time and cost associated with complex data diagnoses.
LoadComplete will enable Web teams in the SmartBear community to quickly test the performance of their entire Web application based on real usage scenarios. Using an intuitive user interface (UI), teams can more easily and more frequently pinpoint bottlenecks and track both client and server-side metrics directly impacting the end-user experience.
Ian McLeod, EVP Products at SmartBear Software, said, “Load testing is a crucial part of ensuring the quality of Web applications. Whether you’re launching a new Web site, adding new functionality or third-party code to an existing site, upgrading infrastructure, or preparing for a major event or promotion, you need to know how your site will respond to the changes. LoadComplete will tell you how many users your Web site can handle before it breaks so you can avoid any disruptions to performance or revenue, and give you the visibility you need to understand any issues that do emerge. We’re providing another affordable solution that will save software teams critical time prior to production while improving quality and customer satisfaction.”
The launch of LoadComplete is the latest key milestone in the evolution of the SmartBear Quality Anywhere Platform. The platform already includes a commercial automated code-review tool to help developers find and prevent bugs and performance problems during development; dynamic application profiling to eliminate performance bottlenecks; automated functional testing to validate application changes resulting from performance optimizations; ALM tools to plan and manage change across the application life cycle; and Web and mobile performance management tools to ensure quality in production.
LoadComplete offers a rich and easily accessible feature set, including:
- Configurable quality of service thresholds to set performance acceptance criteria directly related to end user experience
- Automatic recording of user scenarios to create load tests without scripting
- Customizable load profiles to set up representative load variations for different periods of usage, including steady load, ramp-up, and custom load shaping
- Data wizard to easily expand tests with prepared or automatically generated data sets corresponding to different virtual users
- Automatic server-side monitoring to identify weak spots on the Web server side and ensure the infrastructure can handle an application’s demands
- Real-time graphical test reports to visually correlate changes in error rate, response time, and throughput with variations in load for timely in-depth performance analysis
For a full list of features and a video overview, or to download a free 30-day trial, click here.