New rPath Cloud Engine Provides Application Automation for Private, Hybrid Clouds
New software gives cloud technology vendors and managed service providers an edge with fast and reliable application delivery.
Note: ESJ’s editors carefully choose vendor-issued press releases about new or upgraded products and services. We have edited and/or condensed this release to highlight key features but make no claims as to the accuracy of the vendor's statements.
rPath, an application engine provider for private clouds, has released rPath Cloud Engine, a new software solution that helps cloud technology vendors and managed service providers (MSPs) deliver critical applications with consistency, reliability, and speed. In addition to end-to-end application management, rPath Cloud Engine also plugs and plays into any cloud technology ecosystem, helping these vendors and MSPs differentiate their offering to enterprise customers with bulletproof application delivery.
Built on the proven system automation platform of rPath X6, rPath Cloud Engine features a model-driven approach to provisioning and updating that is push-button simple. rPath Cloud Engine automatically generates software configurations based on an application’s current run-time environment, eliminating the need for labor-intensive, error-prone approaches to image creation, such as golden images and manual scripts.
Key features include:
- Deeper RESTful API integration offers the ability to access critical applications via either Web browser or rPath Cloud Engine GUI
- Model-driven image creation enables push-button application delivery across heterogeneous targets, as well as on-demand systems update and rollback
- Multi-tenancy enables customer-base segmentation to meet unique requirements without compromising reliability, as well as role-based access control for security
- Open architecture lets customers take advantage of new technology with ease, eliminating the risk of vendor lock-in
- Comprehensive licensing, pricing, support, and services packages enable easy co-selling and OEM cloud technology bundling
The rPath Cloud Engine is available now. rPath Cloud Engine can be easily integrated into any private cloud stack; information on its integration with Cisco Intelligent Automation for Cloud (CIAC) is currently available online. More information is available at www.rpath.com.