Exostar Updates Cloud-based Project Collaboration Service
Built on SharePoint 2010, ForumPass 5 improves secure, enterprise-class B2B collaboration.
Note: ESJ’s editors carefully choose vendor-issued press releases about new or upgraded products and services. We have edited and/or condensed this release to highlight key features but make no claims as to the accuracy of the vendor's statements.
Exostar, whose cloud-based solutions enable secure, cost-effective business-to-business collaboration, has released ForumPass 5, the newest version of the company’s multi-enterprise project collaboration service offering built on Microsoft SharePoint 2010. ForumPass 5 operates within Exostar’s Community Cloud, a connect-once environment anchored by Exostar’s Identity Hub that brings companies and their customers, partners, and suppliers together. ForumPass 5 is a complete, enterprise-class solution, incorporating the Community Cloud and its identity management technology, true multi-tenancy, and native SharePoint 2010 functionality.
Enhanced security features in ForumPass 5 include:
- More credentialing options: ForumPass 5 supports additional types of credentials for two-factor authentication, including hardware tokens to support the medium hardware level of assurance using public key infrastructure certificates
- Claims-aware application: ForumPass 5 accepts incoming attributes-based claims associated with individuals and leverages those claims to determine access control rules and permissions to project sites and information, improving security, adding flexibility, and reducing administrative burden
- Stronger encryption: Previous versions of ForumPass offered encryption for documents at-rest only at the highest tiers of security; with ForumPass 5, all documents are encrypted at-rest, regardless of the security tier selected for the project
- Improved data protection: ForumPass 5 was designed with Digital Rights Management (DRM) in mind, paving the way for customers to request a DRM service option to be applied to all of their documents
ForumPass 5 improves the user experience thanks to new capabilities such as:
- Microsoft Office integration: ForumPass 5’s desktop integration means users now can access and edit documents directly from the desktop, rather than downloading and working locally
- Microsoft Outlook integration: Outlook and ForumPass calendars can be integrated, allowing users to view all commitments from a single location and streamlining the scheduling process
- Enterprise customization: ForumPass 5 empowers customer-site administrators to tailor the user interface design, forms, and workflow processes to best reflect their operating environments via integrations with SharePoint Designer, InfoPath, and Visio
- More powerful search: Metadata management and content tagging in ForumPass 5 expand what content is searchable and search filtering options; a new refinement panel helps narrow search results so users can find the right information faster
- Social networking business tools: ForumPass 5 includes features that encourage social networking interaction for enhanced business productivity, including people search, expertise tracking, community affiliation, and content ratings/tagging
More information is available at www.exostar.com.