Enterasys Introduces Unified Edge Fabric for Enterprise Mobility
OneFabric Edge architecture provides seamless application delivery on wired and wireless networks.
Note: ESJ’s editors carefully choose vendor-issued press releases about new or upgraded products and services. We have edited and/or condensed this release to highlight key features but make no claims as to the accuracy of the vendor's statements.
Enterasys Network has released its OneFabric Edge architecture for edge networking to support mobile application delivery. Built on the company’s OneFabric architecture, OneFabric Edge unifies wired and wireless networks, enabling enterprises to predictably deliver high quality applications to mobile users at any scale, supporting “Bring Your Own Device” (BYOD) initiatives.
The new network architecture delivers consistent performance and enhanced security for business-critical applications, all managed from a single pane of glass. OneFabric Edge provides customers an end-to-end holistic view of the network, at least 30 percent lower total cost of ownership, at least 75 percent lower full-time equivalent (FTE) requirement to manage, and guaranteed application SLA management across wired and wireless networks.
As part of the new OneFabric Edge solution, Enterasys is introducing a new Wireless Services Engine (WiSE) -- a virtualized WLAN controller for application services, providing an integrated virtual platform for controller functionality, security, and management services. With the addition of WiSE to the Enterasys Wireless product line, customers now have greater flexibility for deploying edge access including virtual, physical, and cloud-controller options. Enterasys is also introducing the new K-Series modular switch, a flow-based switching solution that provides high-end application-aware capabilities at an entry-level price.
OneFabric Edge includes:
- End-to-end, mission-critical wired/wireless networking: Provides a single architecture that allows WLAN to fit into the wired environment seamlessly
- Integrated security and management: Comprehensive policy, network access, predictive management, and intrusion prevention features
- Application-aware capabilities: Aligns server application capacity with consumption and provides predictive SLA management
- WiSE: A virtualized controller for application services, WiSE provides an integrated virtual platform for controller functionality, security, and management services
- Enterasys K-Series: Designed to address the challenges associated with a growing demand for access to new applications and services, the K-Series protects provides visibility into business traffic and supports changing operational needs, including the consumerization of IT and BYOD programs that require more robust location, identification, visibility and overall management capabilities
As part of the OneFabric Edge launch, the new K-Series and rest of the edge wired and wireless networking products carry a lifetime warranty. All products are currently available. More information is available at www.enterasys.com.