Compuware Simplifies Network, Application Performance for Multi-tier Enterprise Applications
Compuware APM Spring Release tackles data center complexity.
Note: ESJ’s editors carefully choose vendor-issued press releases about new or upgraded products and services. We have edited and/or condensed this release to highlight key features but make no claims as to the accuracy of the vendor's statements.
Compuware Corporation announced new innovations in its Data Center Real User Monitoring solution that combines application performance management (APM) and network performance management (NPM) to tackle the increasing challenges of complex data centers.
The Compuware APM Spring 2012 Release, now shipping, introduces an integrated APM solution including network performance, multi-tier application transaction visibility and proactive synthetic monitoring.
Using both APM and NPM reduces mean-time-to-resolve (MTTR), cuts performance management costs, and simplifies deployment.
Compuware APM Spring Release delivers a single solution to manage both application and network performance with these features:
- Out-of-the-box dashboards that provide a single view of application and network performance, including a single, integrated dashboard for Web and non-Web applications. Users can instantly isolate poorly performing tiers and prioritize problems by their business impact.
- A single point of instrumentation helps reduce costs and deliver network diagnostics in the context of application performance.
- The release covers cloud and virtualized infrastructure, introducing support for Cisco VNTag, and extended support for Citrix XenApp, VMWare vSphere, and IBM AIX Micro-partitioning.
- Auto-correlated code-level analysis provides drill-down access to application root cause in seconds via fully integrated dynaTrace PurePath analysis.
- Integrated synthetic monitoring delivers proactive monitoring for Web and non-Web applications.
New pricing and entry-level offerings enable single application and project-based deployments, with seamless extensibility into a comprehensive APM solution.
This release contains more than 100 improvements for monitoring 30+ enterprise application environments, including SAP, Microsoft Exchange, Oracle E-Business, IBM DB2, IBM WebSphere MQ, SQL, and HTTP/S.
More information is available at www.compuware.com.