Total Defense Launches Cloud Security Protection
New offering provides organizations with anywhere, any time Web and e-mail security.
Note: ESJ’s editors carefully choose vendor-issued press releases about new or upgraded products and services. We have edited and/or condensed this release to highlight key features but make no claims as to the accuracy of the vendor's statements.
Total Defense, Inc., a provider of solutions that combat the growing threat of cybercrime, has launched Total Defense Cloud Security, an integrated cloud-based Security-as-a-Service solution for Web and e-mail protection. The new offering provides organizations with a Web and e-mail security platform that protects users any time and anywhere.
The widespread use of the Web as a business tool, coupled with an increasingly mobile workforce, has enhanced corporate productivity, but it has also created new security challenges for companies that must balance providing access with protecting critical corporate assets and data.
“The days of the typical business user accessing the Internet solely from the safety of a protected corporate network are over. Today’s workers are connecting from an array of different devices through a multitude of private and public networks, Wi-Fi hotspots, home networks and the like. Traditional appliance-based Web and E-mail security solutions are unable to address the evolving security needs of modern businesses,” said Paul Lipman, CEO of Total Defense.
Total Defense Cloud Security provides users with a secure Internet connection, safe from threats and malware, while ensuring that Web browsing is appropriate and complies with acceptable use policies. Unlike competitors’ security SaaS offerings, the Total Defense service provides a fully unified solution for Web and e-mail protection within a single management and reporting interface, delivering easy and flexible security for all of an organization’s users -- wherever they are and on any device. No software installation or administration is required and there are no upfront implementation costs.
Total Defense Cloud Security benefits include:
- Protection and policies can be applied to users anywhere whether in the corporate environment, on the road, or at home
- Anti-virus and blended threat protection detects and blocks virus attachments and malware including malicious URL links to ensure protection against the full range of threats that infect corporate networks via e-mail
- Anti-spam and phishing protection employs the latest range of anti-spam technologies including IP reputation and real-time content analysis to detect and block spam in the cloud before the e-mail gateway even receives it
- Enterprises can control social media, streaming media, and Web-based messaging (e.g. Facebook, Skype, Google Talk, YouTube etc.)
- Bandwidth control enables management of Internet bandwidth consumption and control over unnecessary, non-business use through flexible, policy-based controls
- URL filtering utilizes the latest range of Web filtering technologies, including real-time content analysis and behavioral modeling in conjunction with more than 50 continuously updated categories of millions of Web sites
- A highly redundant Global network of 27 geographic data center locations ensures global coverage and near-zero latency
Total Defense offers a free 15-day trial of Total Defense Cloud Web and E-mail Security that includes full reporting services to help businesses understand all of the service’s capabilities. More information is available at www.totaldefense.com/business.