Dell Boomi Improves Cloud Integration Platform
Dell Boomi AtomSphere Summer 12 helps organizations modernize, simplify, and manage their changing IT environments.
Note: ESJ’s editors carefully choose vendor-issued press releases about new or upgraded products and services. We have edited and/or condensed this release to highlight key features but make no claims as to the accuracy of the vendor's statements.
Dell has announced Dell Boomi AtomSphere Summer 12, its cloud integration platform solution. This release significantly expands application and data integration capabilities, enhances security, and offers Boomi Assure, crowd-sourced regression testing.
Dell Boomi AtomSphere integrates applications and data in customers’ IT environments by acting as the connection between applications, whether they reside in the cloud or on-premise. The latest release of AtomSphere helps deliver predictable service levels for real-time data transfers in the cloud by reserving cloud resources. In addition, it provides a solution to manage their security policies with improved flexibility and governance.
AtomSphere Summer 12 also includes the industry’s first crowd-sourced regression testing to help ensure that customer integration scenarios are tested in every release. Dell Boomi’s passionate community helps accelerate the quantity and relevance of regressions that are executed in each release.
New features in AtomSphere Summer 12 include:
- Boomi Assure enables crowd-sourced regression testing, which allows users to submit their integration processes with test data to a regression testing framework, ensuring pre-testing and support in future AtomSphere releases
- A real-time oriented, high-performing, and custom-configured Atom for through-the-cloud data movement, the new SOA worker is delivered as part of the SOA Framework and ensures predictable performance levels for real-time data transfers
- Extract, transform, and load (ETL) enhancements in Summer 12 allow organizations to solve all major integration use cases with one platform
- Join (Document Cache) enables users to join multiple data sources in one integration process and keep in-memory for fast access
- Bulk Copy offers the most efficient and least disruptive way to load large volumes of data into a database, increasing the breadth of integration projects that can be centrally developed, managed and monitored on one converged application and data integration platform
- Hadoop Connector Connectivity from your business to Hadoop for processing Big Data.
- New security features enable enterprises greater flexibility in managing and federating security policies through SAML-based single sign-on, which supports centralized management of user access, and centralized password policy enhancements, enabling password creation policy on AtomSphere to conform with corporate standards.
More information is available at www.boomi.com.