Double-Take 6.0 Expands Business Continuity Services
Provides real-time asynchronous data replication, enabling immediate recovery from any system outage.
Note: ESJ’s editors carefully choose vendor-issued press releases about new or upgraded products and services. We have edited and/or condensed this release to highlight key features but make no claims as to the accuracy of the vendor's statements.
Vision Solutions, Inc., a provider of information availability software and services, has released Double-Take 6.0 for exceptional application and data protection in virtual, cloud, and physical computing environments.
Double-Take 6.0 helps companies protect profitability and reputation by providing affordable real-time asynchronous data replication, enabling immediate recovery from any system outage. Double-
Take 6.0 features:
- Ease of use: The initial set up and ongoing management is automated, allowing IT service teams to set it and forget it
- Plug and play protection: A pre-configured universal virtual recovery appliance provides options for extending virtualized environments
- Real-time replication: Complete, comprehensive replication in real time instead of snapshots ensures uninterrupted availability and virtually eliminates data loss
- No downtime migrations: Replication technology allows users to remain active while production environments are recreated on new systems
- Platform independence: Double-Take is hardware and storage independent and works with different hardware and storage on both ends; it can protect any application
- Simplified management: A unified console provides a single window into the availability environment
New functionality in Double-Take 6.0 includes:
- Point-in-time recovery for P2V environments: Operating alongside real-time data replication, point-in-time recovery allows customers to set up and manage scheduled VSS snapshots for protected environments across Microsoft Hyper-V and VMware platforms.
- Universal virtual recovery appliance: Preconfigured virtual software appliance can automate the installation and configuration of availability environments. Auto-provisioning of the virtual environment needed to support the Universal Virtual Recovery Appliance saves time and reduces errors.
- Protection for Hyper-V virtual machines with CSV: Support for Hyper-V machines using Clustered Shared Volumes, including one-click failover and reverse allowing users to move VMs between hosts as required.
- Application protection workflows: Built-in, application-specific workflows operated from the new unified Double-Take Management Console protect key applications, such as Microsoft Exchange and SQL Server, and virtualization platforms, such as VMware and Hyper-V.
- Support for PowerShell: Enables users to manage and automate tasks using PowerShell, Microsoft’s task-based automation scripting language
Double-Take 6.0 is Vision Solutions’ flagship offering for Windows and Linux, developed from more than 20 years’ experience providing global availability services and protection to businesses and partners.
More information is available at www.visionsolutions.com.