HP Introduces Intelligent Security Solutions
Proactive security measures enable organizations to leverage big data, cloud, mobility.
Note: ESJ’s editors carefully choose vendor-issued press releases about new or upgraded products and services. We have edited and/or condensed this release to highlight key features but make no claims as to the accuracy of the vendor's statements.
HP has added to its security solutions portfolio that enable enterprises to assess, transform, optimize, and manage their security environments to proactively protect what matters.
Cloud, mobility, and big data initiatives are helping organizations solve pressing challenges while driving accelerated innovation, enhanced agility, and improved financial management. However, these initiatives also can introduce big security concerns.
According to new research conducted on behalf of HP, concerns about understanding security requirements for cloud services as well as how to secure and consume big data are top of mind for nearly two-thirds of business and technology executives. Half of those surveyed are concerned about mobile data loss or theft. In addition, more than half of respondents admitted that their organizations spend more time and money on reactive measures than on proactive risk management.
A reactive, perimeter-based approach to security is no longer sufficient. Enterprises need proactive, intelligent security solutions that span traditional and hybrid delivery models, and address the challenges brought on by these new shifts in IT.
Intelligent Security for the Public Sector
For public sector organizations, security threats are continuing to escalate, regulations are becoming more complex, and budgets are shrinking. HP Security for Public Sector reflects the breadth and depth of HP’s security services capabilities to meet the exacting standards of these organizations worldwide. New additions to this portfolio include:
- New features added to HP Assured Identity, a solution that offers simplified identity, credential and access management. It enables tighter controls against insider threats, robust identity proofing and reduced complexity around secure information sharing between collaborating organizations.
- Comprehensive Applications Threat Analysis (CATA) on Demand lowers the cost of application security by addressing threats throughout the development life cycle.
- HP Security Operations Center (SOC) Consulting Services, designed for public sector clients outside the United States, enable clients to establish an on-site intelligent cybersecurity operations center. Clients also can acquire HP Services to assist in managing the center. This service complements HP’s U.S. Public Sector security consulting and security operations center service.
Proactively Manage Risk with Intelligent Security Solutions
HP also unveiled new products and services to provide clients transparency and control over their entire organization. New offerings include:
- HP Data Center Protection Services evaluates an organization’s existing security practices and provides actionable recommendations to help them optimize infrastructure and improve program management across the data center.
- A speedier HP ArcSight Enterprise Security Manager 6.0c -- a scalable security monitoring and compliance solution that identifies and remediates cyberthreats. HP ArcSight Enterprise Security Manager rapidly identifies security threats across an organization’s infrastructure and prioritizes critical issues to reduce potential damage.
- HP TippingPoint NX Platform Next Generation Intrusion Prevention Systems (NGIPS) ensures protection across network devices, virtual machines, operating systems, and business-critical applications by adding significant capacity for deep-packet traffic inspection. The new modular architecture is designed to adapt automatically to threats as they are discovered, while allowing organizations to save rack space and maintain consistent power consumption and cooling costs.
HP also announced a mobile application for IT security professionals that utilizes data from HP Digital Vaccine Labs (DVLabs) to monitor current and trending cyberthreats. HP Information Security Pulse, available at no additional cost, enables security professionals to rapidly determine and address risks that may affect their environment. The application is currently available for webOS, Apple iOS, Android, and Web browser platforms.
Protecting Against Printer-Based Intrusions
HP’s intelligent security solutions also extend to print environments. Offerings include:
- HP Access Control (HP AC) Printing Solutions, expanded for the healthcare industry, enhance device security and improve companywide printing policies with secure authentication, secure pull printing, intelligent management and job accounting.
- HP Imaging and Printing Security Assessment reviews the print environment from a security and compliance perspective, minimizing the risks of unattended documents, sensitive data processing from a computer to a printer, and confidential information on device hard drives.
- Enhanced HP Imaging and Printing Security Center (IPSC), a policy-based solution, increases security automation while reducing risk through broader device and operating-system compatibility, expanded HP Instant-on Security device support and powerful password management capabilities.
Additional information about HP Enterprise Security solutions is available at www.hp.com/go/EnterpriseSecurity2012.