SuperLumin Networks Releases Nemesis 2.4
OS updated to SLES 11 Service Pack 2.
Note: ESJ’s editors carefully choose vendor-issued press releases about new or upgraded products and services. We have edited and/or condensed this release to highlight key features but make no claims as to the accuracy of the vendor's statements.
SuperLumin Networks, a provider of scalable, high-performance media proxy and application acceleration solutions, today announced the official release of version 2.4 of SuperLumin Nemesis.
Nemesis version 2.4 delivers support for the latest generation of server hardware and other critical foundation enhancements by incorporating Service Pack 2 for its underlying SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 operating system.
Keeping Nemesis’ appliance platform up to date, the features of version 2.4 are needed in order to gear up for the highly anticipated release of Nemesis 3.0, a more scalable proxy cache solution.
“The 2.4 release adds critical enhancements for all SuperLumin customers and adds some long-requested features,” said Steve Wilson, director of systems engineering at SuperLumin Networks. “The 2.4 release focuses on the ‘fit and finish’ of the 2.x product and sets the stage for bigger things to come in the version 3 release next year.”
What’s new in Nemesis:
- Added support for automatic transparent proxy bypass
- Improved integration with OmniCast for CDN deployments
- Improved firewall functionality
- Added ability to track authenticated users in the GUI
- Added functionality to periodically email configuration files to the administrator
- Enabled TCP window scaling
- Enhanced certificate management to better support third party certificate imports (DigiCert)
More information is available at www.superlumin.com.